Ch 7. Sparks fly... Over my dead body!

Jude's Pov

[Please leave a message after the beep...]

"Hey Henry it's me your boyfriend. Um...I just call to see if you want to say goodnight? Well actually...beside that we need to...talk about...uh- Look, this is really important so I need you to call me right now because it's urgent! Please, get this message, ok? Love you bye!" Well that wasn't so hard at all, right? Oh who am I kidding! That was horrible! I spoke too fast it sounded like my place is on fire or I'm being taken as a hostage (sheesh!).

Why am I calling him in the middle of the night? No, not thanking for the office sex we had (keep your dirty thoughts away from me). No, I'm not going to apologize and go back lovey-dovey with him. The reason I want him is to break-up clearly over the phone without meeting face-to-face tomorrow! Yes you heard right, I'm breaking-up with Henry, positively and absolutely!

After that "situation" we'd done, it got me thinking if Henry DOES love me? I'm the only one who've said "I love you" and in return he didn't replied back but just a soft affectionate kiss. Unacceptable!

When a woman or a man says "I love you" their own lover should say the same in return. Getting an embrace or a kiss or "Mmmm" "Me too" "Sure" "I feel the same" or no response at all, are practically meaning "Hey I don't want to sound like a jerk but I don't love you anymore and I'm more into having sex with you. You're amazing for that, as for the rest, I'm just tired of you.". Understand this lesson?

I can definitely tell where our status are heading and I'm not wasting my life on that-hell no! So now is a good time to get it over with, as the saying goes "No harm, no foul".

Three years together, no wedding, no dreams that can't fulfill. Saying goodbye is the hardest and difficult (plus I hate being single) but there are often times when you have to move on and be satisfied.

Staring at my phone I was agitated but at the same time I was determinedly prepared receiving the call and break the news. Question is; when will he call?

I exasperatedly sighed leaving my phone on the nightstand. I paced back and forth waiting for the ringtone. I raked my soaked hair in a fit of stress then I realize I'm still in my bathrobe. Goodness, how have I forgotten to change myself. Oh of course, I was so preoccupied on my relationship I let everything else aside. Even how to get rid of Blake.

The nerve of him unexpectedly coming to my place, threatening to cause a loud ruckus if I don't invited him inside, and worse is barging without knocking the door while I'm bathing! And just that we'd seen our nudity one time, doesn't mean I want anyone-I repeat anyone-ogling every whole part of me. I know Blake is total straight and he despises me-as well I do too-but I find it unsettling since he's not (A) lover or (B) family.

I walked to my armoire, hands grabbing the intricate black metal handles wide open, scanning through my clothes that's neatly hung by order starting from the left: daytime, evening, night (meaning work, casual, pajamas).

In the beginning, I was going to wear just knit boxers and nothing else but it looks like change of plans so I went with a light blue silk satin pajama set (Damn you Blake! Ruining my day!).

I heard the door opened behind me just as I was buttoning the last one. Turning around I was surprised for a fraction before returning with a straight face for out came Blake shirtless.

"May I ask why you took off your top?" I asked.

"Thought I could get some cool air on my body." Blake strutted around me and flexed his biceps showing off his muscles the size of cannonball (that's how I compare it). "Oops my bad."