my knight

tooth rotting fluff and quite some chaos

"Javier~ You know what day it is?"

Lloyd sat across from the knight on the couch, which was in his room, and looked at him in anticipation.

Said one didn't look up from his book and answered, "No. Was I supposed to know?"

The exited smile slowly disappeared from Lloyd's face as he remembered, that Javier wouldn't know his birthday.

"Hahah nah it was just a question. Just checking that we aren't behind schedule, you know? We still got lots of work to do!"

Javier looked up for a second to suspiciously glance at the brunet in front of him and after, he just kept reading his book.

A silence filled the room, before Lloyd sighed.

"I'm going to check on the workers. You can stay here if you want", he said and got up.

The other didn't hesitate for a second and followed him. "I am obligated to follow you around, master Lloyd".

Said one raised a brow at him and shrugged with light annoyance, before turning around again to walk outside.

"Ppodong, Bangul, Hamang, let's go for a walk"

Lloyd enjoyed spending his free time with his summons, partly because they reminded him of his dog he used to have in Korea.

It is a nice change from the stressful days of hard work. These times are the ones he enjoyed the most.

Javier watched the little animal like summons jump out of Lloyd's jacket and run in front of them.

He had a light smile as he watched the other's soft expression, walking behind his pets.

He wouldn't admit it, but seeing Lloyd that soft made his heart melt.
It was the opposite of the creepy expressions Lloyd made when having an evil plan and he was glad those weren't too often.

When the summons were playing out of earshot, Javier began to talk. "You quite like them, don't you?"

The man got a bit startled, since he was too focused on his little friends and forgot about Javier.

"I do, yeah. Who will do the big work if not them", he chuckled and watched said ones play catch.

"You know I figured you out, don't you? They mean more to you than just workers", Javier responded and walked closer to Lloyd.

"A thing you can't hide from me" The brunette kept his eyes on the little ones and didn't look at Javier.

He disliked the fact that he got discovered and that someone knew he had a soft spot. It was something he desperately tried to hide, but maybe it was okay if it was only Javier.

"Maybe I do"

The conversation ended there and they walked in a comfortable silence again.

Soon they arrived at the town where the workers were and Lloyd told his summons to get back into his pockets.

An obviously drunk guy walked up to them and spouted nonsense and curse words.

"You..You noble people always think you are better than us! *hick* It's always the hard working country folks that have to obey the brats who never have to do anything."

Javier was about to say something, but Lloyd stopped him and walked past the guy.

He knew arguing with drunk people wouldn't do anything, since they would forget it the next day anyway. The knight unwillingly accepted it.