🍂4.Octoberfest Week🍂

4.Week
Something Strange
.
.
.
Something strange was going on, but Lloyd didn't know what.
It was clear to him that something was off. The others were acting weird and with weird he means that the workers and people he spends lots of time with started acting sketchy.

For example, his mother (or rather Lloyd's mother), Marbella, started to spend more time with the kitchen staff, often walking out showered with flour.
Everytime he asks her what she was doing she brushes it off and says that they were trying new recipes, which isn't out of the ordinary, but she says it with a nervous tone, like she was hiding something.

His father on the other hand uses his time to watch his work. Of course Lloyd can't tell him not to, but Arcos seems like he wants to spot something. He wasn't sure what it was, but it was something.
Lloyd did ask him what he wanted to do, but every time Arcos answered with something along the lines of "I just want to watch my son do great things"

But it didn't stop there, he noticed that his father took over part of Bayern's work and send said one off elsewhere. Often he would pass Lloyd and the younger one questions his absence on which he answered with "I was asked to check on the local people"

Everything seems normal but so strange. So well planed that Lloyd couldn't figure out what it was. But knew something was there. He had a hunch on who could have thought of a plan like that, but not a single reason why.

Javier seemed way too normal in the sea of people who act strange. He did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary and acted completely normal. It drove Lloyd crazy that he couldn't find out what was happening.

But one day he finally got to know what they were planning all that time.

"Master Lloyd, your father requested us to visit the farmers at the Marez Wetland. A letter arrived stating a problem we should try and fix"

"Okay, I just need to bring Bayern the plan for today'

"I'll do that, please wait at the entrance for me"

Lloyd didn't question it any further and left to wait in front of the main entrance.

While waiting he suddenly remembered the strange behaviour of the people around him. Javier was probably trying to get him away or towards something. He said it so normal like it was something he does on a daily basis, which made Lloyd instantly believe it.

But since he didn't know what was happening he decided to leave it for now, keeping his guard up.

Not long after Javier arrived and they set off for the Marez Wetland and arrived there in no time.

Of course Lloyd noticed how empty the land and the travel there was. Normally a lot of farmers would work there, and since there was no special occasion, it seemed awfully suspicious.

"Where is everyone else?"

Lloyd questioned the handful of farmers that were left, while raising a brow.

"It's a not so busy season, so most already left"

It seemed plausible and made sense. Lloyd had no reason denying what the farmers said.

"Fine, what seems to be the problem?"

"We think the draining system..."

The brunet spend a whole day at the wetland, solving their problems and he finally finished.

"Okay I'll check in after maybe a week or two. If the problem still remains I want you to write a letter"

"Thank you master Lloyd!"

The ride home was exactly like the way to the wetlands except that it was dark now.

"Hey Javier, there is something you and the others have been hiding, isn't there?"

Lloyd way way too tired to notice he let something slip. The blue haired, who was silent for most of the time, chuckled and answered in a calm tone.

"I guessed you would notice that something is off. But please do wait a little longer and the secret will be revealed"

His words piqued Lloyds interest. The brunet was suddenly not as tired as before.

"Well if that's so, how about we race back to the manson?"

A moment of silence later, Javier rode in front of Lloyd, leaving him behind.

"Hey that's unfair!"

The estate could hardly be seen, because not a single light was on, which confused Lloyd.

He looked over at Javier, who avoided his glance and closed the gap to the entrance.

Taking a last look at Javier, Lloyd hesitantly opened the big door.
Out of nowhere the lights went on and people jumped out of their hideouts.

"Happy birthday Lloyd!"

Confetti was thrown around and he saw everyone he loved and cherished.

"It's my birthday?"

"We guessed that you would forget your own birthday, so we prepared a suprise party for you!"

Lloyd smiled from ear to ear as he watched Marbella and Arcos carry a gift over to him.

"It's a present from all of us, but yout father spend the most time on it"

Arcos only chuckled and dissmissed it, like it wasn't important.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it"

The brunet accepted the wrapped box and opened it.
Inside, he found a small wooden figure that looked exactly like him.

He teared up and pulled his parents into a big hug. "I love it" he whispered as he let go.

"This isn't everything yet, have a look at the garden"

Excitement dwelled up in him as he walked in front of everyone, towards the garden. He opened the doors and was astonished at the sight.

Outside, he found food tables and dozen of villagers from around the county.
All turned to him as soon as they noticed his presence and shouted together. "Happy birthday young master Lloyd!"

He finally understood what everyone was planning all along and why they acted so sketchy.

Arcos spend his time carving a wooden mini Lloyd. Marbella experimented with different cake recipes. Baron went out to hand out invitations.

And Javier...

"Are you enjoying yourself?"

Javier stepped next to Lloyd, who hid in a quiet corner after socializing for a while.

"Who knew you were this good at planning surprise parties? I am having fun, lots of it"

"Glad to hear that. It wasn't that hard, really. I actually thought you would catch on was sooner"

"Who said I didn't catch on? I just didn't ask"

"Yeah sure there is no proof"

"Fine then don't believe it"

Lloyd jokingly stuck his tongue out and Javier laughed at the others shenanigan.
It was silent for a while, an enjoyable silence for the both of them. Just the chatting of the others in the background.

"...You're expecting something for your birthday, aren't you?"

"Nooo what are you talking about?"

Javier laughed and turned to look at the sky again.

"Keep your expectations high, but realistic"

Lloyd added before also admiring the night sky with the blue haired
.
.
.
Hello guys!!

It's been a while and I am back with the last Octoberfest prompt! I'm truly sorry that I haven't updated in such a long time!

I hope you have been well and had a great start into the new year!

Thank you a lot for all the support I received in the last Author note!!!

- Lei!