hey, you are not alone !discontinued!

modern AU because why not
I really don't know how this is supposed to work with the reincarnation and all, but let's work with what I did here.

and they are middle schoolers.
.
.
.
School had always been a place no one liked.

Javier was no exception and also despited school, but there is one person he disliked more than school. And the person was Lloyd Frontera, also known as the school rowdy.

You can say Javier was surprised as he found said person beaten up behind the school building.

It was true that he hated Lloyd, but Javier wasn't a monster and so he walked up to the brunet and checked if he was still conscious.

"Hey. Hey Lloyd. Are you awake?"
Javier knelt down next to Lloyd and looked through his backpack for some sanitizer and bandaids.

"F*ck off. I don't need help", Lloyd replied as he sat up and attempted to stand up, immediately falling back down.

Javier watched him struggle and waited till Lloyd calmed down to help him clean up the bruises.

"I told you I don't need help. Go home"
The brunet tried to shoo the blue haired away, but said one didn't move a single bit.

"Are you done? My hand is getting tired holding the sanitizer"
Lloyd judged Javier, like he wanted to see if he is trustworthy.

Giving up, he let the slightly taller boy clean his wounds and occasionally winced due to the burning feeling of the sanitizer.

"You should be fine in a few days. Don't forget to change the band aids though"
Javier explained while packing his things, ready to walk off.

"Why did you help me?"

The brunette was still sitting on the floor and didn't look up to the standing boy.

"I could hear several people walk by and stop before walking away again. So why did you help me?", he asked again as he heard no answer.

"Don't think of it too much. I only helped because I am not an ass."

With that Javier turned around to walk home and left Lloyd alone.

Lloyd looked down at the ground and thought to himself. "Why did I get my hopes up...No one wants to be my friend"
He stood up after a sigh and walked home.

Maybe there is one person who despited school more than Javier did.
-
Arriving at home Lloyd rewinded the events, that happened that day.

He skipped the last lesson of school and went outside the school building, wanting to relax for a bit, but suddenly he saw a gang of underclassmen walking by.

Not feeling like picking a fight, he ignored them and stared at his phone.

Suddenly one of the guys slapped his phone to the ground and they all laughed. "That's what you get for starting a fight with one of us in the past."

Obviously Lloyd wasn't happy about his, now broken, phone and picked it up to observe it a bit and threw it at the head of the guy who broke it in the first place.

"Now now..who is going to pay for this...", he slowly spoke, voice full of anger.

The group of underclassmen were trembling, but one of them laughed and talked back. "You can't hurt us. You are alone and we are five people."

Ah. That's right. Lloyd was always alone. During lunch, during classes, while walking to school, while walking home, he never had a friend to talk to.

But he will never know if he could win the fight if he didn't try.
And so he swung his arm at the guy who seems to be the leader (the guy who laughed at Lloyd) and threw him to the ground.