🍂1. Octoberfest Week🍂

1.Week
A Rare Word

Something so normal and so rare at the same time. So normal for others, they hear it on a daily basis, but why was it so rare for me?
I’ve heard other people say it, over and over again, but did someone ever say it to me with pure intents? With the softest voice and lightest words? Yes, one person did. Someone said it to me, full of love and affection, full of joy and sadness, full of confidence and fear all at once.
We were standing on a higher point, on the outskirts of the Frontera Territory.
I forgot how we got there or why we were there, but I know that he was with me. The air was tense and we stood there for a long time, complete silence except for the occasional shaking of the leaves as a light breeze rushed past us.
I might not remember clearly what happened before or after, but the memory of what happened as he said it was as clear as day.

"Lloyd, I fancy you. I know you do not reciprocate, but I just wanted to get this heavy weight off of my shoulders. Please understand"

I was looking at him and I remember how scared and determined he looked. Like I would throw him out if he said something wrong or something unpleasant.
The words he said made me think. Do I reciprocate his feelings? What could be the outcomes of this? Would this end well? What would the others think? Would they treat us any different?

"I see what you mean. I hope you can give me some time to think. This does not mean that I am turning you down"

He looked at ease, but also in pain. I wondered what might have went through his brain.

"Of course, I understand. But just you know, if you ever need anything, I will be there. We can go through everything together…"

The rest if his little speech sounded blurry to me. I could imagine what he might have said after, but at that moment, I was too overwhelmed with emotions that were bottled up over a long time.
Feelings that I didn't dare to show to anyone, not wanting to seem vulnerable. No weak point for others to use, for others to abuse. But why did that word, that was so rare to my ears, make me want to break down and sob for hours and hours?

"I am very sorry, young master. I did not intend to make you cry. Please forgive me for my insensitive words"

"Oh no, don't apologize. I was just overwhelmed by your sincere words.
Do you truly mean them?"

"Every single one. I swear to be with you and support you, to love you unconditionally. We will go together. Through thick and thin"

"Really? Together?"

"Together"

"I believe you, sir Blank. Please take good care of me"

I raised my head and looked into his emerald green eyes, that seemed so soft, as if he would break out crying too.

"I will. Please do call me by my given name, young master"

"If I do so, please do too, Valeradi"

"Of course I will, Lloyd"

Our interaction was as good as over and I could stop telling my story at this point, but something important, something so so important happened after that.

I caught a light blue strand of hair, peeking out from behind a tree, from the corner of my eyes and I immediately knew who it was.

"Javier…"

I am happy to have Valeradi, but why did Javier never leave my head?

.
.
.
The Octoberfest prompts will probably be very short, due to my procrastinating ass/ very forgetful brain.

Anyways, have a great day. Not as angsty as I wanted it to be, but oh well 🤷