💘Valentine's Special💘

So... We're not gonna talk about how I missed Halloween and Christmas...

THANK YOU FOR 12K READS ❤️❤️❤️

For specials I will refrain from writing angst (^3^)

ALSO! Javier's nameless & faceless mom (OC) is gonna be mentioned a few times 👍

Modern AU
.
.
.
The first flowers bloomed at the same time as the last harsh winds from the winter blew around the people's faces.
Lloyd was one of the people who hated feeling cold and did everything to avoid it, no matter how ridiculous he looked like.

"Lloyd..We've known eachother for almost two decades and your winter fits are getting more and more absurd. Is that the Christmas sweater my mom gave you?"

Said brunet slowly turned around as he tried to put on a hat, he failed miserably, and grunted.

"I can't keep doing this. I hate the cold and getting all these layers on is restricting my movements. How, in 25 years, have I never thought of a better idea to stay warm??"

Javier chuckled at the other raging in the living room. He stood up from the couch and walked to their bedroom.

"Wait for me. We'll go shopping"

"For what? I need to go see my parents"

"We'll visit them after. It won't take too long"

"Ugh. I'll call them, but you need to explain"
-
"You hate the cold and have never heard of ski underwear?"

"No? I don't ski?"

"Lloyd. People wear them in the mountains. When skiing. In the snow. They keep you warm, couldn't you have thought of this?"

"Yeah okay, I'll grab some"

Lloyd jokingly stuck his tongue out as he searched for his size and Javier only watched him in disappointment.

He wondered how the brunet could be so smart and at the same time so stupid. A whole degree in civil engineering and barely any common sense when he needed it.

"I'll go pay. Do you want to grab something to drink?"

Holding a few items in his hands, Lloyd started walking towards the cashier without looking at Javier, knowing he would follow.

"Sure. You want coffee?"

"You know what I like, I'll meet you there"

"Sure"

Quickly parting ways, Javier made his way to the small coffee shop next to the entrance of the mall.
He got their usual drinks and waited for them to finish and to pass time he took out his phone and texted Lloyds parents that they will take a little longer to arrive at their place.

"Boo!"

A very familiar voice made Javier turn around and chuckle.

"How often will you try this and realize it won't work on me?"

"It was worth a try"

Lloyd was holding a bag with his clothes inside and playfully rolled his eyes at Javier's comment.

"Our drinks are done. Let's go"

They grabbed their warm drinks and made their way outside into the cold again.
Lloyd shivered and wrapped both hands around the hot cup.

"Let's take a stroll in the parc before we go see your parents"

"But we told them we would arrive soon. And I'm cold"

"I texted them already. Come on"

"Fine. But if I get sick you'll have to take care of me."

"I do that without being the cause"

Slowly walking around, Lloyd and Javier enjoyed the scenery of fresh flowers sprouting all around them. Soon it will get warmer and Lloyd wouldn't need to worry about being cold anymore.

A few children passed by, screaming around as they seemingly played catch. Javier's eyes followed them for a moment and soon turned to look for something.

"Let's rest for a minute"

"If you insist"

The bench Javier spotted was cold too and Lloyd didn't like that at all.

"Don't we have somewhere to be? It's so cold here. This bench is freezing my ass off"

"Just one more moment"

Javier admired the trees and enjoyed the comfortable silence that rested between them.
Suddenly, he felt a light nudge on his arm and turned his head to look at the cause.

Lloyd shoved a red box to his way and looked to the other side, not wanting to make eye contact. The blue haired grabbed the gift and glanced at it in confusion.

Without saying anything he opened it and saw a little piece of paper inside.

"Thank you for putting up with me. Happy Valentine's day"

Inside the box was chocolate, his favourite kind. Javier smiled and turned to look next to the bench.
He lightly bumped Lloyd and held up a beautiful flower for him to take.

"The flower may not mean as much as your gift, but it's just a placeholder till I get a real present"

Lloyd finally turned around and looked him in the eye after giving him his valentine's gift. Seeing the smile on Javier's face made all of his worries fly away and he smiled back.

Happily accepting the flower, he put it in the chest pocket of his coat.

"We're kinda cheesy, aren't we?"

"Of course we are. Happy Valentine's day, Lloyd"

"Right back to you, Javier"

BONUS SCENE!

At the Frontera household

"My goodness Lloyd, you are freezing. How, under all those layers?"

Marbella have him a concerned look as she closed the door behind Javier, who walked in last.

"Put the blame on me. I kept him outside the whole time"

"Javier, you know better than to make Lloyd sick. Come in, I'll make you a warm cup of tea"

Following Marbella inside, they saw Arcos already butting water in a kettle, placing a light kiss on her forehead as she walked by.

"You worry too much, they are adults, dear. I think they can take care of themselves"

"Seemingly they can't, don't you see Lloyd shaking? Oh and his face is all red"

They kept talking forth and back as the two young adults took a seat at their table. Lloyd's face turned even redder at the mention of it, knowing it was only partly the fault of coldness.

A warm hand nudged his and as he glanced down, he saw Javier offering to hold his hand.

"Only to keep you warm of course"

He whispered and Lloyd gladly accepted it.

Maybe he didn't hate the cold as much, if he gets to enjoy the warmth after.
It was like a little reward.

.
.
.
Okay look, I know it's a day before valentine, but I need feedback on this one. (Want to post it on ao3 but idk)
Might be a little too not lovely dovely for a valentine's special, but I wanted to try something out.

Is it noticeable that they're in love even without writing in any kisses,'ily' or anything like that? Like- CAN YOU SEE THEY'RE DATING??

Thank you very much, have a great day :)