Chapter 13

Marie POV
Couple Days Later
Atlanta , Georgia

Marie POVCouple Days LaterAtlanta , Georgia

Lately, Valentina has been distant from me. When I text her, she's respond three hours late. I know she had two businesses, so I don't make it a problem. When she used to be busy, she always used to tell me. Something is going on with her.

I'm going to pop up on her today at the shop after talking to my mom.

I'm headed home from a meeting with Pretty Little Thing Company . I'm officially a brand ambassador. I have my first photoshoot in a couple of weeks.

I have been getting deals from wig companies lately . My dream have been coming true . I've been looking for an apartment. I love two of the apartments already. The only thing I have to do is talk to my mother.

I just arrived to the house. I saw my mother car but not my aunt's car. I stay with my mother and my aunt . I got out the car and proceeded into the house.

My mother was sitting in the living room . She was doing paperwork for her job . "Hey mama" . I hugged her and sat down .

"Hey darling, where you been"

"I just came from a meeting with a business. I'm a brand ambassador for Pretty Little Thing"

"I'm so proud of you darling"

"Thanks mother, I have something to talk to you about"

"What is it sweetie" . She stopped what she was doing and turned to me.

"I've been thinking lately about college and expanding my career. I was thinking about getting my own apartment. My dream is to become an influencer and brand ambassador's for different companies. I think college is a waste of time for my career idea."

"Do you think you ready to move out on your own"?

"Yes, ma'am. I think it's time to spread my wings and become independent"

"I give you a yes then. I'm scared I'm going to lose my baby."

Growing up, it's always been my mother and I. I never had a father figure in my life. My mother worked hard everyday to get us where we are today.

She didn't have support from her mother when got pregnant with me. My mother went to medical school while pregnant . She didn't stop working until she got pregnant with me. She worked every single day.

My mother is a strong and independent woman. Hopefully one day, I can take care of my mother.

"You are not going to lose me, I just think it's time for me to become independent adult"

"So you are not going to college"?

"I'm not interested in it. That's not what I want to do"

"Don't do nothing you don't want to sweetie. I am supportive of any decision you make"