Intro: Vitalum Vitalis

This is the second book of the Breaking Purity series. For the first book (Breaking Purity: The wolf), check my profile.

Disclaimer:

-I don't own any of the AHS characters or situations, nor the gifs I use.

-My native language is Spanish, there could be mistakes.

-Warnings: non-con, dub-con, graphic violence, smut

-This story is a fanfiction so it has original content as well (which means my own interpretation of Michael and other characters). It also means I allowed myself to change some things that have happened on AHS.

Enjoy!

Day 29 night

Michael's steps echo along the corridor. He is taking a few deep breaths to cool down after the visit to the Chapel and the persistence of Hannah to spend time giving speeches or hearing the songs of praise to him as an object of adoration. But once he opens the glass door, the scenario makes him run towards your lain body.

- Little one, little one, are you okay? – he asks but when he raises your head up from the floor, he finds the red mark on your cheek - Y/N! – he yells and lifts your frozen body to lay it on the desk. He slaps gently your cheek, trying to wake you up but there's no response – No, no, no, no – then two of his fingers come to sense your pulse on your neck and as soon as he realizes that there is no sign of it, a loud heartrending "NO" screams out from his body and it seems like the Sanctuary trembles underneath his feet – NO! COME ON, COME ON, WAKE UP, PLEASE! – he keeps shouting at you, shaking your head in vain. His knees go weak and bend which causes him to hold onto the desk while painful boiling tears come out from the corner of his eyes, their light shade of blue has shrunk, leaving the pupil like a black pearl surrounded by a fire circle. He inhales deeply and puts your head back on the wood, his trembling palm goes to your forehead as he closes his eyelids and the conjure formula repeats inside of him again and again with no result – Vitalum vitalis, Vitalum Vitalis! – he lets out between sobs – Come on, God, you are not having her! You are not taking her away from me! Please, little one, come to me, please – he tries to grab your cheeks but his fingers are shaking so much that he can't even make a proper land on your skin. It's obvious that magic is not working so instead, he starts making CPR, tears fogging his eyes with every compression – Don't you leave me, Y/N – Again and again he presses on your breastbone, each time harder and harder, almost hitting your chest with brutal strength till his hands are in so much pain that he has to realize that your body is not going to react – No...! – It feels as if he is going to faint, as if now it's his own world the one that has been burnt down leaving no survivors. His head falls onto your stomach trying to sink into it, to disappear with you, fingers clenching the red fabric of your dress as if he could bring you to life with his knuckles-white – This is all my fault – his voice is a pure lament, almost unrecognizable – I left you alone. Please, God, please, bring her back to me. I have nothing to give her, I have nothing, but I just want to see her smile again. She makes me better. Do you hear me, princess? You make me better – Michael grabs your face and kisses you, wetting your lips with the tears that keep falling down his cheeks. He rests his forehead against yours and stays like this for a moment but it feels like hours. His breathing gets impossibly heavier as he unties the knot of your dress, exposing your torso, and then his eyes open wide, jaw rigid – I'm sorry - Like a steel knife, his hand abruptly penetrates the pit of your breastbone and comes all the way up your thorax to reach your heart. Once in contact with its flesh, he starts manipulating the organ in a gentle massage, your blood dripping down his forearm. He continues the motion with caressing fingers that apply slight pressure around the heart until finally a minuscule beat pounds into his palm. After a few more seconds, the organ starts regaining rhythm on its own till its pulse is normal again but with that comes your awakening. The scream you let out is not from this nature as well as the burning along your epicenter like a ball of lava sewing you close. Not even noticing the red that has tinged his entire frame from wrist to elbow, Michael grabs the back of your neck as soon as you open your eyes. Exaggerated mouthfuls of air fill the drawing room, your lungs unable to cope with the amount of oxygen they need after being empty for so long. He, on the other hand, is a crying mess trying uselessly to regain composure as his forehead presses against yours while holding you tightly for you not to fall off the desk – It's okay. Breathe, little one. I got you. You are back. Just breathe – the purplish circles under your eyes start to slowly disappear but at the same time your organs feel destroyed, not because he hasn't healed you but because you can still sense the trail of his hand digging into you as well as the dizziness provided by the hyperventilation – No, Y/N. Don't. Stay with me – he says shaking your head slightly to keep your eyes open. And he is successful but your gaze is lost, trapped in a bubble somewhere far from him, not reacting nor blinking at his touch that stains your cheek with your own blood – Y/N, baby. Hey... - Michael slowly calms down and takes account of the scenario, at the same time worried about your state of shock – It's okay, come here – He lifts you up and goes directly to the big bathroom.

The water jet sounds behind you and when he takes your wasted dress off, your skin makes contact with the warmth provided by the full bath. Michael puts you in the familiar kneeling position as you keep watching directly past him, still not able to connect with reality. He leans down before you and starts washing your face, your chest and every part where red has been splattered, using the water to wash his own stains off. His hands heavy, holding your face as he gives sweet brief kisses to your absent lips.

-You are safe now, baby, I promise you. Let's have a look at that mark, okay? – he says moving your hair out of the way to touch the bruise on your skin. And it's then when you feel the fire and it's then when his painful thumb sends a shiver to your spine that your eyes widen as you scream and try to go backwards causing a mess with your palms that splash the water within your futile attempt. Michael is quick to stop your movements since he picks you up immediately, taking you out of tub and wrapping your trembling body in his arms. Your fearful whines and sobs are slowly appeased by his strokes to your hair, like a wet little kitten under his protective wings.

-Michael, they...

-Shh. Don't say anything. I know. Nothing is going to harm you now – luckily he manages to stop your desperate babbles that intend to explain the events because otherwise you would probably faint at remembering the trauma – You are freezing, baby – he grabs a long towel from one of the drawers and wraps you with it – Let's go to the bedroom – he says after you are completely dried – We have to get you some clothes.

-No, no, no, please. I don't want to go there – you plead between sobs.

Michael insists but he comes to the realization that something or someone might have hurt you there.

- What do you want to do?

- Can we go to the small storeroom?

- Y/N... are you sure?

You nod and hold onto his forearm, too afraid to walk on your own. But luckily, Michael doesn't even allow you to make a step, he picks you up again and carries you like a bride to the last room. Once you are there, he sits you both on the floor, letting your back rest on one of his bent thighs. From that position, both have a full view of each other's face; yours has a wrecked terrified expression and his reflects the pain that has pierced him like a stake through his chest. The back of his fingers caresses your jaw line, moving your wet hair out of your cheeks. Michael looks around.

- Why did you want here?

- Because this was the place where I felt scared the most. And I want to transform it into something nice because I'm not afraid of you anymore. But this... all that happened tonight is just so horrible.

- Hey... - he interrupts what surely was going to be another cry – You don't have to worry about that, okay? You are safe – he caresses your arm and it's as cold as ice – Take this – he says taking his shirt off and dressing you with it over the towel.

- But Michael, you are going to freeze.

- Baby, a low temperature won't beat me. I want you to rest. I'll be here at your side while you sleep.

- I don't think I can sleep.

- Yes you can – he kisses your mouth, his other hand at your nape grabbing gently but with inner desperation your hair as if you were going to disappear in a second. Then, the palm goes over your eyes and you fall asleep. 

A/N: I cried writing this.

Tumblr: little-lily-w

IG: little_lily_w