What 'home' means

Day 36 morning

Michael's first yawns of the morning interrupt the pure silence of the Sanctuary. He scrubs his eyes and gets closer to you, a little ball curled up on your side. Once his bare chest makes contact with your back, he understands why. You are literally freezing with visible goosebumps all along your bend arms. He pulls the blankets further up and uses his hand on your ribs to surround your waist and stick you to him. The sudden change of temperature at both skins brushing together wakes you up, a little whiny due to sleep and the coldness you've endured.

-My darling, I'm sorry, I didn't notice.

You feel his voice reverberate against your neck while he nibbles all along it. You turn around to meet his face and greet him with a kiss on his mouth.

-Yeah, it's certainly colder here – you reply still shivering – Have we got any more blankets?

-This fucking crazy weather. I'm afraid we don't but I'll ask for one. In the meantime, come here – he gives an energetic pull to your leg to wrap it around his waist and delivers several hot kisses on your lips to the point where they start to tickle and you start to giggle – I love you, you know that, don't you?

-I do and I love you too. You are cute like this – you joke and he slaps your ass lightly.

-I want to take care of you today. Yesterday was pretty intense so I have to make sure you don't have an emotional drop.

-You mean me getting grumpy with you?

-Are you planning on getting grumpy? 'Cause I have the best remedy for that – he gets on top of you and continues kissing your mouth – Let's go eat something. We have plenty of time today to eat each other.

Once at the kitchen, Michael has you on his lap. Two cups of smoky coffee and a big plate of peanut butter toasts on the table from which you already know you can't have any until he delivers it to you. But it's okay, not only because the nuzzling on your neck feels as delicious as the food looks but also because a part of your brain is trying to get back to the conversation you had with Jeff, specifically to the situation you were at when you heard that man yelling. Vulnerable and naked, before their sinister eyes. There was indeed a voice at the back that was trying to protect you or, at least, it sounded like that. But then there were only Mike and the military dragging someone away and after that, their released violence and their fists sinking in your body. You yelp unwillingly at the memories and hold onto the table.

-Are you okay? – he whispers in your ear – You seem worried.

-Yeah, it's just... nonsense – you turn your head to the side to plant a kiss on his soft cheek.

-I trust you, Y/N. I won't read your thoughts. But I hope that if you have to tell me something, you actually do it.

-I will – you pause as he moves the cup to your lips starting the feeding ritual ways – So... you still trust me after yesterday?

-Of course I do. Do you still trust me after yesterday?

You cup his cheek and kiss his mouth in response. I love you.

Day 36 afternoon

A few hours have passed. Michael has used the time to have a shower and put the sheets to wash while you put clean ones on the bed. You are happy he has you again into his dearest consideration, but you are even happier to see him all in black after the shower, with moist long blonde hair and a few drops of water shining in his visible collar bones. You rub your thighs together surreptitiously while he finishes buttoning his shirt up but your breathing gets clearly heavy. Despite that, your joy is interrupted when Michael calls Sheila for another blanket and, although you understand it's necessary, the figure of the woman crossing the glass door is enough for your face to turn into a despise expression.