Mecum omnes plangite

Day 40 morning

It's early in the morning. According to what Michael told you, he managed to move a family from one of the bedrooms the night before so you two could spend the night there. You didn't see anybody; Michael talked to Hannah and that was it, everything was arranged and you were exactly in the same bedroom he had been while unconscious weeks ago. Now you are able to appreciate the room with more detail: it's pretty small considering the size of the one you share with him at your part of the Sanctuary. The king sized bed you are familiar with is replaced by a double bed on the right with black sheets and a bunk bed on the left. There are no night tables, only the chair on Michael's side where Lola used to sit and there isn't a wardrobe either, just one little cupboard on the wall above the bed. The candles are also carefully attached to the wall and there is an extinctor on the corner of the room, next to a small square mirror.

You are aware that sooner or later, you will have to face people. That's not the only thing which woke you up early, though. For the first time in months, it's thundering outside, and surprisingly, the sound reaches the underground loud and clear. You are sure it comes from the enormous mass of clouds you've seen but awareness is still no comfort. You snuggle to Michael, pulling the blankets up. They are certainly not enough by now and you are sure you can't count with any more of them since everyone seems to be attacked unexpectedly by the cruel coldness. The fabric of Michael's black shirt rubs against your red dress. He is asleep but tightly holding your waist. You hide your face in the crock of his neck and he opens his eyes at your shaking.

-Y/N – he whispers.

-Sorry, I didn't want to wake you up.

He moves your head so you stop covering yourself and he can look at you.

-I can't ignore those tiny whimpers – he kisses your lips – The way you shiver when you are cold or afraid – another kiss – Or how you grip my shirt when you want to snuggle closer – and a last one – I've come to know you perfectly, my kitten.

-Will you still know me after this? I'll become an entirely different person. A murderer.

-I'm the Antichrist, don't you forget that. And you still love me. How could I not love you when you are looking at me with those beautiful puppy eyes?

You kiss him back.

-There is a storm coming. How is it that outside is so loud and inside here is so quiet?

-People are sleeping, I guess. As for the rain, Jeff and Mutt surprisingly had no clue about the weather and I don't expect them to have it by now.

-I know why this is.

-What are you talking about?

-God is angry. He's been angry with us for so long. Neither your Father nor mine like me now.

-Hey, no, no, baby, this is something related to radiation, we'll just have to find out what it is with time.

There's no time, Michael.

-Michael – you whisper – I know you told me about experiencing the worst moments of my life but will I realize that I'm in Hell or will it be like a lucid dream where you think you are still in real life?

-It's real life, I'm afraid. It's designed for you not to notice the difference so that the confusion adds to the suffering.

-And what if something happens and I die? Would you be able to bring me back to life?

-Y/N...

-Please, tell me, I need to know.

-I suppose before it would have been easier and obviously if the deal had been with me, then it would have been possible. Now, considering that my Father was so eager for your soul due to his conception about you and that he didn't let me bring your parents back..., I don't know what we could expect. Yes, it's not God's domains but there is still this Montesco and Capuleto thing going on. Even if I could revive you, I would only be able to bring you back with your same body. At some point you and me will get older and we will have to face definite death.