Interrogation V

Day 31 morning

- Good morning – a soft path of kisses on your head wakes you up. You give him a shy smile, not entirely happy but somehow relieved and melted – I have good news for you.

- What are they about?

- Well, when I went to the chapel, Hayato showed me the blood tests results. Yours are fine and so are Hope's which means you can handle him with no risk.

- And should I believe him after all of this? I mean, I don't think he had to do with the attack since he clearly said the supplements were red. Why would he explain that to me if he was planning on tricking me later, right? But I still don't know.

- I think that's a smart thought, princess. But I'll solve this, starting today.

- What do you mean?

- Jeff is coming.

- What? No!

- He is not going to hurt you, I'll be right here.

- I know he is not but I know you, Michael. And this wouldn't be the first time you hurt someone because of me.

- You said he tried to help you, didn't you? If he is innocent of charges, he will be fine. But I need answers. We both do.

- I know, but I still don't think this is a nice idea.

- Everything is going to be okay – he soothes you kissing your cheek and you know it's not true but you can't help yourself when you are in his tight arms – I brought you something – he says picking up the walkie-talkie from the floor – I've always left it at the panel because our circumstances were not... ideal, but now I consider it a necessity for you to have it here. Pay attention: This location is zero, two, four. If you turn the knob to this position, you call for Sheila and the military; they are zero, three, three. With this other position, you call for the Chapel. They are two, three, one. They are not usually the ones I would contact or who would contact me, but now if I ever have to leave for an emergency, it's me who will have the other walkie-talkie there.

- Why? Who responds there at the moment?

- Hannah...

- Oh great! Sheila and Hannah. What follows? Lola having another walkie-talkie?

- Baby... - he sighs.

- You really make me laugh with your way of speaking. "Circumstances not ideal"? You put me in here as your prisoner and I didn't even know if I wanted to survive or if survival was chosen for me when all I wanted was to be with my parents after everything. Same thing with my uncle. I survived the bombs because someone else chose for me.

- You are not choosing this? – he asks with evolving breath.

- Yes. But till what extent is this not a Stockholm syndrome? How can this be that I... care about you after everything?

- Well, I may have a Stockholm syndrome in reverse then. Because I also... care about you a whole fucking lot. But what do you want us to do? Do you want to leave this? Or is it that you got scared?

- I am... scared. I guess it's fear making me doubt about everything.

- Well, if you have any doubts, now that you have rested, I shall simply erase them.

- Michael... - you whisper when he grabs your jaw.

- What? Do I not have to remind you how you shake when I get closer? – he moves closer to your body – How you lick your lips and start rubbing your thighs together? – he gets on top of you watching you do exactly as he predicts – How I can make you desperate for more when I tease you with just one single fingertip? – his index finger travels down your torso to your belly button stopping there to draw small circles around it.