Chapter 26

Lan Wangji came home from the hospital the next afternoon. Weeks passed. He often felt weak and tired, so he slept a lot at first. His strength came back slowly. The marriage proposal had long since been forgotten, Wei Wuxian opting instead to spend his energy fretting over his partner.

He would text Lan Wangji multiple times a day, reminding him to take his painkillers, or to get up and walk around the house a bit before going back to sleep. After the stunt he pulled, Wei Wuxian clearly couldn’t trust Lan Wangji with his own health.

By week three Lan Wangji was cleared to go back to work, and constantly reassured Wei Wuxian that he was fine, he was feeling completely better, and to stop worrying.

On the night of the fourth week since Lan Wangji ’s surgery, he wrapped Wei Wuxian up tightly in his arms, whispering seductively in his ear, “guess what my doctor says I’m allowed to do now.” He waggled his eyebrows. Wei Wuxian laughed.

“Are you saying you want to fool around, Lan Zhan?”

“I know. Scandalous, right?”

They laughed as Lan Wangji pinned Wei Wuxian to the bed, his knee in his partner’s groin. Lan Wangji trailed a line of open mouth kisses down his neck to his chest, unbuttoning his shirt as he went.

His favorite part of sex with Wei Wuxian is ,it was never serious, even when things got hot and heavy. Wei Wuxian had a knack for ruining the mood with an ill-placed joke or pun, but Lan Wangji never faulted him for it. He actually quite enjoyed it. 

Really, their sex life was a lot like the rest of their life. Wei Wuxian had taught Lan Wangji to never take each and everythingthing too seriously, and to laugh at the little things. He should enjoy his life too.

And then Lan Wangji was struck with so much affection for this man under him that he couldn’t stop the next words that came out of his mouth.

“Marry me?”

Wei Wuxian froze from where he had been unbuttoning Lan Wangji’s shirt. He tentatively looked up to Lan Wangji’s face, clearly measuring if this was just a joke. When it was clear it wasn’t, he sat up, his hand over his mouth. He looked close to tears.

“Wait, seriously? Are you really proposing to me? Right now? Like this”

Lan Wangji laughed and nodded. If this had happened months ago, when he (wwx)first started planning a proposal, he would have been mortified at this unintentional outburst. But surprisingly, he wasn’t. He wanted to be the one to do it but still it happened and that's all what matters . It felt right somehow. Really and truly right this time.

Wei Wuxian practically tackled Lan Wangji to the bed, gripping him so tightly he could barely move. Lan Wangji only had a brief moment to panic before he felt warm tears trailing down his neck, as Wei Wuxian did some sort of mixture of laughing and sobbing against his chest.

“I thought you’d never ask.” he finally said, hiccuping into Lan Wangji’s collarbones.

Their midnight romp was soon forgotten as Lan Wangji held tightly to Wei Ying, (his fiancé now, he reminded himself with glee.) As they both drifted off, smiling in each other’s embrace, Wei Wuxian couldn’t help but think that everything turned out just the way it was supposed to. That everything had turned out perfectly.

Wei Wuxian thought about telling Lan Zhan about his failed attempts of proposing but then brushed it off. He just wants to enjoy the warmth with his love now. Those memories can be unveiled someday in the future. After all they are going to spend rest of their lives together. He has plenty of time in his hand.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

"Are you nervous?" Yanli asked her brother who is constantly checking himself out in the mirror every 5 minutes.

"Why don't you just get married with that mirror?" Jiang Cheng is at now one step away from smashing that mirror.

"You don't understand A-Cheng! What if...What if he suddenly changes his mind? What if he regrets? What if-"

"No ifs ! I will break his legs ,cut them into pieces and fed them to stray dogs!"

"Tf Jiang Cheng! Don't take those little monsters name on this special day. It will bring bad luck"

" Excuse me? Who are you calling monsters? They are so adorable! "

" Don't kid me A-Cheng. You should check your eyes . They are NOT adorable! "

" You-"

" STOP YOU BOTH! "

Yu Ziyuan bursted into the room with his husband to check on Wei Ying only to find him bickering with his brother like two kindergarteners.

"It's almost time . Are you ready A-Xian?"  Jiang Cheng looked at his mom with disbelief who just changed her voice in a flick.

"No yes no I mean-" Wei Ying started stuttering .He wants to go but also so nervous that his legs are not moving.

Jiang Fengmian came to his rescue.He put his hand on Wei Wuxian's shoulder making his turn face to face.

"A-Xian, We all know that you are nervous. After all, it's your special day. Your Lan Zhan must be also nervous. But he is still waiting for you there . You don't want to make him wait right? "

Wei Wuxian sighed and nodded. He hold his adoptive father's hand and processed to walk towards the main hall.

He can't just ruin their wedding day because of his nervousness. Yes, it's their wedding day. His and his Lan Zhan's. The day they are waiting eagerly for two years.