SECOND CHAPTER (2)

A phone call woke Kelly up from sleep. He wondered who was calling him so early in the morning. He groaned and picked the call without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" He said, his voice deep and husky.

"You just wakin' up, Baby K?" The person at the other end said and he immediately recognized the owner of the voice to be Anika's. She was the only one that called him Baby K.

He smiled. "Good morning, Anika."

"Ain't you s'pposed to be ready for school?" Anika asked and realization hit him that the summer holiday was over.

"I forgot I had school." He said as he got up from bed. For a moment, he forgot whose house he was, completely zoning out as he tried to remember where he was. 'Oh' was all he said when he remembered he was in his father's house.

"Oh what, Kelly?" Anika asked.

"I just forgot where I was for a moment." He said as he went to the bathroom connected to his room and started brushing his teeth, putting the call on speaker as he kept the phone on the wash basin.

Anika chuckled, "It's good to know you're doing alright."

"Yeah." Kelly said and spat toothpaste out of his mouth.

"How's your Pops treating you?" Anika asked.

He rinsed his mouth before talking. "I don't like him but his wife is really nice. She hugged me yesterday." He said as he went back to the room to pick an outfit to wear today.

"That's good. Are you getting along with his kids?"

"I dunno, I think I am."

"Hm, okay. Just behave yourself, Baby K, I'm sorry our convo has to be so short, I'm literally runnin' late, my car's bad and I don't wanna miss the bus." Anika said and he smiled even though she couldn't see him.

"It's a'ight. I have to prepare for school anyways." Kelly said.

"Alright. I'll talk to you later. Good luck at school, love you."

"Yeah, love you too." He said and the call ended. He quickly settled on what to wear to school which was a black hoody, black jeans, black durag and white high tops Vans. He hurried to the bathroom and had his bath. He came out and dressed up. He walked to the full length mirror and admired himself.

He was 6'3, light brown skinned, handsome, had honey eyes, dimples on both cheeks and long lashes. He wore a diamond stud earring on his left ear which made him look more like a bad boy.

He smiled, pleased with his looks, took his backpack and went downstairs to the kitchen and saw Cherise sipping coffee while leaning against the counter.

"Good morning." He greeted and she looked at him and smiled. He walked to the breakfast bar and sat on a stool.

"Morning Kelly, hope you slept well?" She asked and he nodded. She gave him a plate of pancakes.

"Thank you." He said spoke and took a bite of the pancake.

"Tea or coffee?" She asked.

"Tea please." He said and she nodded and made tea for him. She gave him and he said a 'thank you' and ate his breakfast.

"By the way, you look really good." Cherise said with a smile as she sat down on another stool.

"Thank you. Where are the others?"

"They've gone to school and Dillon's gone to work."

"Sorry for making you go late to work." He apologized making Cherise chuckle.