EIGHTH CHAPTER (8)

Emily was pissed at her best friend. She felt betrayed by Dani as she didn't tell her Kelly was her step-brother. She had been giving Dani the silent treatment as she was not ready to listen to any of her excuses. They didn't even have lunch together. She skipped classes after lunch and stayed in her car while Dani and her minions had lunch together. She sighed and relaxed on the driver's seat as she waited for school to be over. Her phone chimed, she checked and it was another message from Dani and her minions. It was certain they were looking for her. She turned off her phone and closed her eyes and slept.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

She opened her eyes and saw Dani tapping her window. She guessed school was over. 'Open the door.' Dani mouthed and Emily frowned and sighed. Dani gave her puppy eyes which she couldn't ignore so she unlocked the passenger's door and Dani entered inside.

"Look, Em, I'm sorry. I should've told you we was related." Dani spoke.

"But you didn't."

"I know, I-"

"I'm so disappointed. I mean, how could you keep this from me? I thought we were best friends, sisters even. Do you know how I felt when he told me himself? I felt betrayed." Emily said, hurt clear in her voice.

Dani sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't tell you cause I don't really like him." Dani said.

"Even if you don't like him, you would've told me he was your brother."

"Step-brother." Dani corrected making Emily glare at her.

"I'm sorry, Em, I really am." Dani said.

"Promise you'll never hide anything from me again."

"I promise." Dani said and the two best friends hugged.

"I've got some questions for you tho', like why was he in your car this morning?" Dani said after the hug.

"Oh that, I'll tell you later."

"You better. Sleepover this weekend at my place?"

"Yeah sure."

"So, on Friday it is then."

"Yeah. How's Zion? I thought you guys have like a date this weekend."

"He cancelled it." Dani sighed. "He said he has a lot of practice this weekend since their coach is pissed at them."

Emily gave her a sympathetic look. "It's gonna be alright." She said and Dani nodded.

"And you also have to explain about Kelly." Emily said and Dani chuckled.

"Yeah, I'll do but not now. I have to head home." Dani said and gave her bestie a quick hug and then left the car.

***

Kelly was seating on the passenger's seat of Kelsey's car. She was giving him a ride home after much pressure. There was a comfortable silence as they rode to Kelly's house. Kelly sighed as he remembered he had to meet with with Lola today. She wanted to tell him something.

She glanced at him. "What's up?"

"I just remembered something." He said and went through his phone. She got the hint that he didn't want to talk about it. She sighed inaudibly and glanced at Kelly. He had a smile on his face as he texted someone. The thought of him texting a girl made her slightly angry. She had a crush on him.

"You said there's a party at your place, right?" He asked looking up from his phone.

"Uh, yeah. Thought you weren't interested?" He chuckled and it sounded so melodic to her ears.