FOURTEENTH CHAPTER (14)

Kelly was sitting on Ruby's bed laughing. They were both done with each other's portrait and were discussing and laughing. Kelly realized Ruby was friendly and fun to be with unlike Emily who was cold and rude. He wondered why he just compared Emily to Ruby.

"...and that was how I was chased out from the store." Kelly said and Ruby burst in laughter. They were talking about embarrassing moments of their childhood.

"That's so embarrassing." Ruby said still laughing.

"Yeah." Kelly said.

“I never knew you were like this. I mean, anytime I look at you in class, you just have this cold look on your face and you look so intimidating and badass.” Ruby suddenly confessed.

“I look intimidating?” He was surprised. No one ever told him he looked intimidating.

“Yeah, you have this aura around you that’s just intimidating.”

“But you approached me.”

“Yeah and if I’m being honest, I was so scared.” She chuckled.

“You didn’t look scared to me.”

“I had to comport myself. Your voice alone is intimidating and not to mention your look and your height. You’re just so intimidating.”

He chuckled. “That’s an unexpected confession.”

“Yeah.” She chuckled. His phone buzzed from his pocket. He took it out and checked it. He had a text from Treon.

Treon: There's an emergency bro, please hurry.

"Shoot, I gotta go." Kelly said getting up from Ruby's bed.

"Something happened at home?" Ruby asked as she followed Kelly downstairs.

"I dunno, my lil' bro just texted me 'bout an emergency, but I hope everything's alright."

"I didn't know you had a younger brother."

Kelly chuckled. "He's actually my step-brother."

"Oh." She said as they entered the living room where her twin siblings who were both girls and very identical sat with their grandma watching TV. The twins looked at him and Ruby and smiled.

"Your boyfriend's going?" One of the twins spoke making their grandma look at Kelly and she smiled at him.

Rolling her eyes, Ruby replied. "He's not my boyfriend, Lucy."

"Are you leaving, Kelly?" The other twin asked Kelly.

"Uh, yeah."

"Thought you were gonna stay for dinner?" Mrs. Daniels asked, coming out of the kitchen wearing an apron.

"No, but thanks tho'." He said with a small smile.

"Oh okay, but you're invited to dinner next time."

"Okay."

"Come Kelly, I'll see you off." Ruby said unconsciously grabbing Kelly's hand which did not go unnoticed by Kelly and Ruby's family. The twins smirked.