THIRD CHAPTER (3)

Kelly was in his room preparing for the party. Kelsey had sent him the address and time of the party and he was already late because he slept off. He sighed. After his life changed, he really hated going for parties. He finished tying his lace and sighed. He took his phone and wallet and left the room and went downstairs. He saw Dillon watching TV which surprised him because after dinner, everyone dispersed to their rooms. He frowned as he walked to the door.

"Where you heading to?" Dillon asked as he watched Kelly.

"None of your business." He said and left the house. He entered the Uber he ordered and headed to the party. He made a mental note to remind Anika to send his car to him. He reached his destination and paid the driver and came out of the car. He stood in front of a big white mansion. He checked the address again to be sure he was in the right place. He sighed and walked to the house. Loud music filled the house.

The smell of alcohol and sweaty bodies greeted him as he entered the house. Students were dancing, grinding bodies against each other. Some were making out, drinking, taking pills and smoking. He searched for Kelsey among the crowd of students with his eyes. He spotted her talking to a white boy. He walked to meet the beautiful white brunette.

"Hey." He spoke as he reached them. Kelsey looked at him and smiled.

"You're late." She said and Kelly rolled his eyes making her chuckle.

"Kelly this is Damian, my best friend. Damian this is Kelly, the dude I told you about." Kelsey introduced the two boys. Damian was blonde. He was tall, probably about 6'1, two inches shorter than Kelly. He had green eyes and was handsome.

"Nice to meet you, man." Damian said and shook hands with Kelly.

"Do you want a drink?" Kelsey asked as they walked towards the makeshift bar which was the kitchen.

"Vodka for me." Damian said.

"What about you, Kelly?"

"Nah, I'm a'ight." Kelly said and Kelsey raised a brow at him.

"I don't drink." He added and Damian and Kelsey gave him a weird look.

"Like for real?" Damian asked and Kelly nodded.

"I'm surprised you don't drink." Kelsey said as she handed a cup of alcohol to Damian.

"Let's go to the back of the house where it's quieter. I'm tired of shouting." Kelly said and the two best friends laughed. They went to the back of the house where few people were. They saw chairs close to the pool and sat on them, Kelsey sitting in the middle of the two boys.

Damian sipped his Vodka and spoke. "So, why don't you drink? Are you an athlete?"

"I was an athlete but that ain't why I don't drink." Kelly said.

"So, what's the reason?" Kelsey asked.

"I just don't like the taste." Kelly said and shrugged while Damian rolled his eyes.

"That's weird. I mean, you don't look like someone who doesn't drink." Damian said.

"How?" Kelly asked.

"No offense but you look like you could kill someone." Damian said and sipped his vodka.

"No offense taken." Kelly said and gave Damian a small smile.

Kelsey rolled her eyes at her best friend. "Yeah, sometimes I hate the taste of alcohol but I just manage it."

"Can you hold your alcohol? How high is your alcohol tolerance?" Kelly asked Kelsey.

She smiled at his attempt to make a conversation. "Is this you talking to me?"

"Wasn't I talking to you before?" He was confused.