1 - several months later

Pandora drove her old Jeep Wrangler to Washington before, in fact not quite a year ago, yet she still didn't have faith in her and Wanker the Wrangler. At least not after all the repairs that's been done on it since that last trip.

She was being paranoid. Was the safe house still where she remembered it? If so, why hadn't she found it yet? She hadn't been there in years, and she doubted anyone else had either.

At last she finally saw a driveway where she thought the house should've been, but alas, no house. That is, until she drove past the boundaries of the concealment spell. Her house was the same, invisible to the world around them (unless you were a witch/had a witchy object,) but she didn't remember this house having being under one as well.

The house was just as she remembered it, other than that. Two stories, made of mostly log. It was old, used by the Gemini coven for centuries. Stepping off the gravel onto the wooden porch, Pandora could see how old and decayed the wood was. And it smelt that way too. Stepping inside was like stepping into a past she no longer knew. Family pictures hung on the wall, her eyes immediately falling on the frame with Kai in it. She was a baby at the time, smiling ignorantly.

Of course Kai was the reason she was here in the first place. Her life seemed to revolve around him always, although she didn't remember him. She was young when it happened. Someone had been wreaking up trouble in his prison world recently, and the Gemini coven had sent her away until further notice. It was stupid. Like enrolling her in the high school of the family's known safe house town was going to be inconspicuous.

If Kai wanted to find her, he would. But then again, maybe the fact that the Gemini coven specializes in concealment spells meant that Kai would never find her. She, and the rest of her family, would forever be untraceable, undetectable. You'd never find them on a map, a tracking device, hell not even a police canine would be able to sniff them out. But this location was common sense. Obvious. But maybe they were hoping it would be, hoping that it'd be the last place Kai would look for her because of it.

Either way, the place brought back memories. Pandora remembered the scent, no, the musk that downstairs held. The downstairs was incredibly open, no walls whatsoever. Entering the front door to the right was the kitchen. The wall was full of cabinet space and countertop. There was a dining room, only a long stretch of an island, with you guessed it, more cabinet space and an abundance of chairs to seat the coven.

The living room was to the left. Three cushy plaid sofas surround a coffee table with magazines stashed across it. The fourth side of the coffee table faced a fireplace, which was connected to a chimney.

Santa could totally slide down that thing.

She shuddered at the thought of anyone sliding down that. Though the top of the chimney wouldn't be easily accessible, the trees surrounding the house were. Perhaps someone really athletic to incredibly in love with parkour could make the jump. She tried not to think about what Kai would do.

Between the living room and kitchen were sliding doors, leading out to the backyard. Needless to say, Pandora moved the curtains to cover the sliding doors, terrified of what animals she might see cross her forested backyard, or what someone might see inside. She was all alone. Vulnerable. It was a new feeling for her.

She walked up the curling staircase to the second floor landing. Two cushy chairs were next to a small nightstand ish table, pattern matching the sofas downstairs. The walls surrounding this little nook were filled with built in bookshelves, which were filled with more books. The only space that wasn't covered with books was the space right behind the chairs and table. A window was there, making anything reading time perfect, but making any nighttime creepy. She let the blinds fall down on that window.

She moved down the hallway to find her parents old bedroom. It was truly a beautiful room. The entire back wall was a window, with a door leading out to a balcony overlooking the driveway, and all the way to the right of the driveway was a thinly worn down trail to the river you could hardly see. She pulled the curtains shut. The darkness always felt more real when she was alone, and she'd rather not acknowledge it was there.

She turned on every light in the room, and dropped her bag in the middle of the floor. She flopped on the king mattress and pulled the plaid covers over her uncomfortably cold body. After hours of tossing and turning and overthinking, she fell into a restless sleep.

~~~~~
This entire chapter was basically just intended to give you a picture of the house and a little background information. I know, I know. "Where's Edward?!" Well the chapter just seemed like it needed to come to an end, but he'll definitely make an appearance in the next one. Xoxo.