15 - conclusion

Pandora stayed at home for the next week, just getting accustomed further to her predicament. She felt the sudden urge to start anew. And with the fact that she never slept, she had lots of time to change things.

Pandora had picked up the necklace that had burnt Edward and moved it back into her artifact room along with her ring. She felt as though it was no longer needed, at least not now.

On the contrary, what was needed, was a safe house renovation. Her father had died in the attack, leaving her the deed to the safe house, along with everything in it, and various personal belongings of his.

She threw out all the plaid, and boxed up all the family pictures. There was no longer a family, Kai made sure of that, and she would be the one left to write and tell the story as he and Victoria drove each other crazy in the prison world.

While she was at it, she thought she might as well renovate the entire house, throwing out anything that wasn't attached the the walls. All of the furniture had to go, it smelt anyway. This was her home now, and she was going to take care of it.

She'd called Alice and even Rosalie, to help with redesigning the interior. Though Rosalie would never admit to it, she liked the fact she received the invite. They had the place redecorated with beautiful one of a kind antique pieces that fit right to pandoras liking.

She took the curtains off all the windows, as she'd now be the most dangerous thing in her surroundings. The room her and her siblings had once used for sleepovers had their bunk beds ripped out to make room for a fuller library of classics and vinyls. The library nook still remained, though it was updated.

At the end of the week, it was an incredible 'after' to the dreadfully depressing 'before.' Once she felt ready, she invited Edward over. He came bearing flowers, and she marveled at the depth of her appreciation for them now.

"I like what you've done with the place," he commented as he stepped inside. He waited a moment before wrapping her up into a hug. She laughed and hugged him back tightly. "I've really missed you."

"I can tell."

They took towards the kitchen, before realizing there was no reason to actually use the kitchen. It threw off their normal routine. He used to come over, cook, and then they'd play board games together or watch movies. Now doing all that just felt... wrong. Considering everything they'd went through.

"Let's go for a walk," he suggested. She agreed.

She hadn't wrapped her head around the fact that she'd still be able to see in the dark. They walked side by side for a while, the back of their hands lightly touching occasionally.

"So what do you think?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"About what?"

"About us," he clarified.

"Ohhhh so there's an 'us' huh?" She teased.

"Of course there is," he replied as he nudged her.

"Well what do you think?" She asked.

"You first."

"No, you first."

"Pandora."

"Edward."

"Marry me."

"What?" She asked again, as if she misheard it.

"You heard me," he affirmed. She did. She just couldn't believe it.

"Yeah but I just can't believe you'd want me."

"Why not you?"

That was the question. Why shouldn't he want to marry her? There was nothing in their way now, aside for maybe her baggage and crippling self esteem.

"Yes," she decided.

"Really?"

"You heard me."

He picked her up in a hug and spun her around happily. They laughed together giddily and poked fun at each other for the rest of the night like school children.

~~~~~

There was a decent turnout for the wedding. A few friends from the North and various other places for Edward. The Gemini coven, or rather, what was left of them for Pandora. Some of the tribe members also came.

Pandora never thought herself the wedding type, but it felt right with Edward. Everything did, she realized. He was her person, and she was his.

Edward took her to Isle Esme for their honeymoon, and it was then that she came up with a brilliant idea.

"Daylight rings," she said, after watching the light reflect off of Edward's bare chest.

"What?"

"That's what kai had. His type of vampire burns in the sun, so they wear daylight rings to prevent that. What if I was able to make rings for us that allowed us to not sparkle in the daytime."

"That's a wonderful idea."

When they got back to their house, yes, the old Gemini coven safe house, she began her research, and struck gold. Soon after, her wedding ring(Edward's mothers ring) and Edward's wedding ring(her fathers family ring,) were both transformed into something much more than just a marriage unity. It became their freedom, as well.

Of course the rest of the Cullens received one as well, and once that was finished, Edward and pandora began their travel exploration.

"Okay I think now, I want to live king enough to visit every single city in the world. That's my bucket list."

"Well it'll be quite the extended honeymoon," Edward answered.

And that's how it ends. Another stereotypical happy ending. Well more of a happy beginning, because there'd never be an end for the two of them.