3 - last first day

Pandora had gotten used to being alone in the cold, creepy safe house, but only barely. After seeing the room they all bunked and slept in as kids, she couldn't help but feel homesick for a time long since passed.

Finding the high school wasn't too hard. And she was more impressed with it than she was expecting. She expected to be smaller, more run down? Instead the brick building look well structured and there looked to be lots of windows, which she immediately liked. She knew she'd be able to look out and daydream, assuming she got a window seat.

Edward heard Bella's truck pulling in, and inwardly cringed. He'd shown up at her door just the other day to break things off. It was messy, and the glare he'd received from her as she walked towards the entrance didn't make things any easier.

Bella was upset, which was to be expected. What wasn't expected however, was to see her. The girl from the restaurant. He stared longer than he ought to, and blinked several times to make sure his eyes weren't playing tricks on him, even though his eyesight was better than everyone's there.

She felt eyes on her, and turned to see the attractive guy she once saw in port angeles. She immediately dropped her gaze and hurried into the front office, hoping to avoid him. Not that he'd done anything wrong, but she hated awkward forced small talk, especially with a dude she knew could easily kill her.

She cursed her luck, when she walked into her English class and saw she shared it with him, though thanked the gods for a window seat in the back of that classroom. She cursed her luck once again when she grabbed lunch and saw they shared the same lunch hour together, only for the cherry on top to be when they received assigned seats in chemistry, with her next to him, leaving him with the window seat.

Not to mention she felt his gaze almost always on her. It wasn't subtle in the slightest.

In second period English, her eyes seemed to meet his immediately.

"Why don't you introduce yourself to the class and tell us a fun fact. We're all eager to meet you!" The teacher said.

"Pandora Parker," she replied, eyes never leaving his, "and a fun fact is that I hate forced introductions." She then took her seat, and was no longer bothered by the teacher for the rest of the period. When the class was over, she bolted.

Lunch was god awful. Not only did the food look unappetizing, but the consistency of which people would ask her to sit at their table annoyed her. She wanted to be left alone, to pick at the nasty "food."

Edward was deeply curious about the girl. Not only did she shut down any and every attempt to make friends or socialize even just a little bit, but she had no regard to filter any words she spoke. It was like she said the first sarcastic or honestly blunt thing that came to mind, and it amused him to see it through the eyes of the minds he could read.

He kept his gaze on her, except for the moments he opted to read the minds of those who had came in contact with her. She seemed to sense every time he looked at her, and her eyes snapped back frantically to whatever she was doing, as if she feared him and was ultra aware of his presence.

Good, Edward thought. It was more sense than Bella ever had, but the fact that he couldn't read her mind and she was already distancing herself from him and his family wasn't a good sign. She could very well be a threat.

"I don't see her making any moves against our family," Alice spoke to their table of three.

"She doesn't feel scared. At least not of us... but it's a feeling I can't place." Jasper decided.

She was surely a mystery. By the time Edward looked back at her, she had headphones on and it was loud enough for him to hear the Pearl Jam she was playing.