Bird messanger for love

Akuatsu for the heart and the final story for this book.

Nobody knows about us... So shall we pass messages with paper like in the olden days?

"Dazai! Your supposed to be doing your own work! Not making atsushi do it!" "Kunikida-kun..." "It's okay kunikida-san, I'll do it." The detective agency has been working their ass off like usual, although a certain someone hasn't been doing anything at all. Luckily, it was late and everyone started to pack up to leave.

"Atsushi-kun~" "Dazai-san?" "I need you to go on a mission with akutagawa." "Again? Dazia-san, you know that he hates me a lot." "You'll be fine! Now shoo shoo! I'm going to go annoy Kinikida-kun now." The suicidal man left, leaving Atsushi alone on the pathment. He sighed. 'Poor Kunikida-san...' He thought as he headed towards his apartment with Kyouka by his side. "Atsushi?" "Hm?" "Are you actually fine with Akutagawa?" "Well... if he didn't hate me so much, I would have been okay with him." "I see..." The two arrived and Kyouka says that she would cook after she showered. She left, leaving Atsushi to do what he intended to do. He ran to his own room and saw the bird with a message wrapped around it's neck. His eyes lit up for the first time on that day and he quickly took the paper from the dark blue bird. He opened the letter as it says the following message...

Jinko,did you hear about the mission we have to do tommorow? Remember we have to look as if we hate each other... but we can go on a date after that if you want... Hope your doing okay.

from: you know who

Atsushi sighed. The older male still couldn't express his feelings well but it was progress. It didn't sound hateful but it was formal and kind of sweet. That was what he loved about Akutagawa Ryunosuke. The two had been enemies for so long but one mission changed everything and revealed their true feelings towards each other. It was quite shocking to hear that the Akutagawa had not hate him as much as he thought he had.

Atsushi took a peice of paper and a pen out of his drawer and wrote his reply letter to his lover. He tied the note onto the neck of the bird, who they named 'Shigi' since it fitted the lovely bird.

"There. Now go to him safely, okay?" Shigi squaked and flew, the bird blending into the beautiful dark night sky. "Time for dinner!" Kyouka's voice jolted him out of his trance. "Coming!" The weretiger replied. Atsushi looked at the sky, trying to locate the bird, but it had already flew far away for the male to see. He smiled and quickly went to Kyouka for dinner, hoping that the letter would brighten up the other male's day.

"See you tommorow, Akutagawa-san!" The bonde girl yells as she waved goodbye to her senior. The male however didn't replied at all and already had his back on her view. He sighed. That day had been to tiring like always with Higucchi around his side the whole time. He stepped towards his apartment that he shared with his sister, Gin, who was still at a mission. He took his shoes off and stepped towards the silent apartment. The male went into his room to take somethings when he saw the bird. "You're back already, huh?" The male walked towards the bird and took the letter off its neck. He opened the letter with anticipation quivering in his body.

Hey Aku! I received your letter and your doing so much better! But where's my 'I love you'? Anyways, I'm doing fine now although today was quite exhausting... You must be exhausted to so I'll end my letter here. Love you!

Love, your jinko

Akutagawa gave a small smile, the rare smile he had on his face at times. He placed the letter in his drawer where he kept all his letter from Atsushi at and closed the drawer gently. He never thought that he would be so gentle with his own enemy, but here he was. He looked at the bird, who was staring at the sky. Akutagawa looked at the dark blue sky too, seeing a few stars spread across the sky. His eyes shone with happiness as he stared at the sky, thinking of what might happen tommorow and hoping that all is well and they will be together, forever...

A/n: AHHHHHH Hello readers! So this is the final story for my anime oneshot book but don't forget to check out my other stories like 'What a shame N Downfall of Kokonoi Hajime' 'Tokyo Revengers Oneshot' and 'These colourful petals'. This book has its ups and down and has shown my progress throughout 2021 and 2022 but all in one, it had been amazing. To those who read to the end, I thank you for reading everything. From the cringy starting to the cringy ending. You definetly deserve an award for reading the entire book because this has been one whole cringey ride. Anyways, once again, thank you readers! Hope you have a great day ahead!

Edited a/n:
This was supposed to be posted months ago but oh well :)

Finished and published: 9/10/22