Chapter 2

"Tell a lie once and all your truths become questionable."

No one's pov:

"Naruto, wait-"

He heard someone calling him. He turned around and saw the last person he expected to see, Mizuki. He had seen the glares Mizuki thrown at him, though it was subtle, the very trained eyes specialised in catching the glares of villagers caught the teacher's glares too.

"You didn't pass, did you? It must be hard to watch others graduate while you are still here." Mizuki said like he understood Naruto's sadness.

Now if Naruto doesn't have trust issues, he would have completely believed Mizuki. It's rare for him to receive sympathy, so obviously he is on the edge.

"It's fine, sensei. Although I wish I could've graduated this time." Naruto said.

"If you really wanna graduate, I think there's another way." Mizuki didn't let the chance slip.

That got Naruto's complete attention. He looked at Mizuki asking to continue.

"There's a forbidden scroll in the hokage tower. I want you to steal the scroll of seals and learn atleast one jutsu contain in the scroll. You can graduate if you manage to master the jutsu. Once you steal the scroll, come to the forest near the gate. I will help you master the jutsu." Mizuki said.

Naruto immediately agreed and went to look for the scroll. He finally found it when it got dark. The room is a complete mess with books and scrolls all over the floor. Naruto quickly jump out of the window and ran to the forest.

Random Anbu's pov:

I was going to the library to borrow some books to get more information about our upcoming mission. When I entered the room, I was met with complete disaster.

Books and scrolls all over the place. Looks like someone was in a hurry to get their scroll. However I decided to check if something important is missing, just in case.

I looked over important scrolls one by one but I couldn't find the scroll of seals. You can't have access to that scroll unless you're hokage, but I highly doubt hokage would cause such a commotion.

Then someone must've stolen the scroll!!

I ran to hokage's office and informed him about the missing scroll. He immediately gathered almost all chunins and jonins and ordered them to look for the scroll.

Naruto's pov:

I ran as fast as I can to the forest with the scroll. Even though my guts tell me not to trust that guy, if there's a chance I could pass, I'll happily take the risks. After all, you cannot achieve anything without taking even small risks.

When I reach the forest, I couldn't find Mizuki sensei. So I sat down and decided to start by myself.

No one's pov:

Every shinobi scattered across Konoha searching for the scroll. Iruka decided to search outside Konoha cause if the scroll is really stolen, then the theif might be getting away.

Boy he was glad he did when he found Naruto with the scroll down the floor practicing some hand signs.

"What are you doing Naruto?" Iruka shouted as he jumped down and ran towards the boy.

"Iruka sensei? Why are you here? Where is Mizuki sensei? He said he would help me master the jutsu in the scroll." Naruto asked confused.

"He what?" Iruka couldn't believe what he was hearing. His friend, Mizuki asked Naruto to steal some scroll.

"Why do you look surprised? More importantly why didn't you tell me there's another way to pass the exam. I'm glad Mizuki sensei told me if I master one of the jutsu in the scroll, I can graduate. And I think I already mastered shadow clone jutsu. Now where's my hitai ate?"

"Naruto, that's not how it wor-" Iruka was cut short by Mizuki who appeared on the tree branch near them.

"Oh Iruka is here too. It would be fun. Killing two birds with one stone. Now Naruto, do have the scroll?" Mizuki asked.

"Y-yes" Naruto stuttered out.

"Give it to me now" Mizuki said.

"No Naruto, don't give him the scroll, he's tricking you" Iruka said.

"I already mastered the jutsu Mizuki sensei, there's no need for the scroll now." Naruto tried to reason with him.

Mizuki started laughing. "Did you really believe what I said? A demon like you can never be ninja."

"Shut up Mizuki" Iruka shouted.

Mizuki completely ignored Iruka. "Naruto do you know why the whole village hate you?"

"No, why?" Naruto asked wanting to know the reason why everyone hate him with so much passion that could rival his passion to become the hokage.

"Mizuki don't. It's an S-class secret." Iruka was desperate now.

"It's not an S-class secret if everyone in the village except Naruto knows. Naruto, you are a jinchuriki. The nine tailed fox that attacked 12 years ago, is sealed inside of you" Mizuki said smirking evily.

Naruto could hear his heart shatter in to pieces. How could jiji keep something so important like this from him? Did the hokage think he's not worthy enough to know the truth?

Naruto didn't focus on his surroundings anymore. His ears were ringing. He could taste the bile in his throat.

All these years, these people he vowed to protect, hated him for a reason he couldn't control. He could feel heat rushing through his body and he felt like going on a killing spree.

He looked up with red eyes with slits towards the two shinobi. Iruka is still arguing with Mizuki and Mizuki is getting ready to attack.

Naruto pushed Iruka aside. And looked straight at Mizuki. His anger fuelled just by looking at Mizuki.

"You have made me really angry" both Iruka and Mizuki shuddered at the amount of killing intend radiating from the boy. Both teachers fell on their knees.

Naruto threw the scroll infront of Iruka who caught it. Naruto did handsigns and a thousands of shadow clones appeared around them. Both of the teachers would be impressed if not for the situation.

"Get the traitor", the real Naruto ordered his clones as he approached Iruka, who shuffled back in fear.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you" Naruto said with his signature smile. "So did I pass? I went through all these trouble just to get the hitae ate."

Iruka couldn't help but chuckle. "You did well Naruto. You wouldn't be punished now that we know who the real culprit is." He said as he untied his hitae ate and tied it on Naruto's forehead.

In the background, Mizuki was unconscious and is tied up.

Iruka continued to praise Naruto and Naruto could be seen standing there with a smile. But something inside of him had snapped during the fight. The will of fire inside of Naruto seems to be going down with all the storm inside of him despite his attempts to keep the flame burning.

{Naruto didn't hear Iruka defending him cause he was lost in his thoughts. I can't have Naruto hear Iruka. It's supposed to be breaking Naruto, not encouraging him. Plus, Iruka and Naruto didn't get hurt.}

To be continued

To be continued...