Chapter 22

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

No one's pov:

No one's pov:

After the successful capture of the one-tail, Naruto and Shisui are released from capturing jinjuriki missions until further notice. Naruto every now and then takes assassination jobs for the organisation.

By now, Akatsuki have captured two, three and four tails. They are on a 'temporary hiatus' until the tight security around the villages and the jinjurikis are completely gone.

Naruto still avoided the Akatsuki members like a plague. His relationship with Jiraya too, they become distant for some unknown reasons.

Naruto can't help but notice that everytime he's on a mission, there's always someone who tries to eliminate him. He would've ignored it as coincidence, if not for the person to use the same technique over and over again to kill him. Everytime, their faces would be different, but their fighting style matches like reflection on the mirror, it's painfully obvious that someone is plotting against him.

Not only that, they know the exact location where Naruto would be headed. The mission details are supposed to be secret but everytime, they find him on his missions.

It could only mean one thing. Someone is plotting against him. From Akatsuki. It could either be the leader or Jiraya, who handle the mission requests.

And that jutsu used to attack him, it's undoubtedly Zetsu's jutsu.

And another thing that's been bothering Naruto, it's about Kurama.

Ever since the extraction, instead of getting better like Kakashi said he would, he's been getting weaker. Now Kurama is on full time hibernation, without showing any signs of waking up.

And Naruto isn't foolish enough to wait around and hope for Kurama to regain his health. While he was on missions, he did some research and found that when chakra is extracted like Akatsuki did, the tailed beast would slowly loose their chakra and vanish.

Of course it wouldn't affect the jinjuriki, but Naruto ain't gonna let Kurama die, even if he agreed to give them chakra back then.

And the only way to save the beast is to return the stolen chakra and wait for it to merge together with the beast's already weakened chakra.

Akatsuki decieved him...them. Kurama trusted them but Naruto didn't, for once since he came here.

Fortunately for Naruto, the leader, Kakashi is rather a clumsy and carefree man, leaving the book about Gedo statue on his table when he's urgently been summoned for help by the members.

A very lucky coincidence, Naruto came storming to Kakashi's office after learning the truth about Kurama's condition only to find it empty with the book on the table.

He found out that summoning the Gedo Statue requires havingRinnegan. It is also possible without the Rinnegan, if you have both the “Senju” and “Uchiha” Blood. 

And Naruto has both blood running through his veins from his great grandfathers Uchiha Madara and Senju Hashirama.

He also learned the handsigns for retrieved the extracted chakra from the statue.

And he's going to do just that. He packed essentials and sealed them in a small scroll.

He made a blood clone, and stabbed it. Unlike other clones, it didn't poof away, instead bled on the bedroom floor.

Naruto fled from the hideout.

That's right. Naruto faked his death and left Akatsuki.

Akatsuki isn't hunting down jinjurikis these days, so he can summon the statue once he gets to safe distance. Tonight, he will retrieve the stolen chakra and go to hide.

He can't have them find out that he's alive, and hopefully they won't notice the loss of Kyuubi's chakra.

Timeskip to night, inside deep forest away from inhabitants.

Naruto did handsigns to summon the statue. The wood textured statue appeared and Naruto got straight to business. He have to finish this before sunrise. It will take at least 6 hours to complete, apparently.

....

It's 3 in the morning. The sun hasn't come out yet. He did some handsigns and the statue disappeared. It's complete. Kurama will be fine with enough rest now.

Until Kurama recovers, he'll stay out of the great five nations. If he move now, he'll be able to cross the borders before sunrise.

And that's what he did. He bolted forwards at the speed of light. Akatsuki wouldn't find out about his 'death' until next week. Even if they suspect that he's escaped, his scent and trial will go cold by that time.

He rushed past the borders escaping the eyes of the guard ninjas.

He continued to move forward until he found a forest that almost looked like Amazon rainforest. No one will be able to find him here. This place is perfect for hiding. If anyone comes here, they'll get lost in this thick forest.

He'll probably get lost too. But with Kurama's high sensory abilities, they'll be able to escape. Only after everything calmed down though.

To be continued...