Damaged - Part 2

This wouldn't be the first time I kept Penny company while she's putting together a case file for the team. But it is, in fact, the first time I'm present to behold the door of her office slowly open for someone to sneak in.

My first instinct is to see who's invading her bubble - only to find Kevin pressing his finger to his lips to indicate me to be quiet. Penelope hasn't felt his presence yet, and I'm almost sure he wants to surprise her - or scare her, more like it.

Grinning, I ease back into my chair and watch the scene unfold.

Penny is rapidly typing away on her computer as he leans down to peer at her screens over her shoulder. She still has no clue he's here.

Until he opens his mouth, "Beautiful."

"OH MY...!"

"Ahhh!"

Their simultaneous startled outburst sends me giggling uncontrollably and my sides start aching once more.

"I'm sorry!" He hastily apologizes, "I didn't mean to scare you." The look Garcia gives him is everything but impressed as she catches her breath. "You just look so beautiful multitasking."

Awe. I can hardly handle how cute they are. I bet my face is red from holding back the irresistible urge to smile.

"What are you doing here?" Penny whisper-scolds him.

"I work here too."

"Yeah, in your own office. Two doors down."

All the time, he keeps smiling like a love-struck idiot, "Can't I come over and visit?"

"Are you insane?!" Garcia just about squeaks, "Have you forgotten last night?"

Kevin's smile widens - my brows nearly rise to my hairline, "I will never forget last night."

Now I'm curious. Penny got some action last night?

"We were caught fraternizing by one of my bosses!"

The nerdy man assumes a serious expression and nods gravely, "You know, ahem -- it was rude of Rossi to show up at your place after work hours."

This time, I can't help but comment, "You found him rude?"

"Yeah," Kevin nods in certainty, "Maybe I should have a talk with him. Straighten him out."

Penelope looks at him blandly, "You want to straighten out Agent Rossi?"

Yeah, even I can predict that won't end nicely for Kevin. Rossi will destroy him verbally.

'Oh, how I wish we can straighten him out... on a flat surface... covered with pillows... after a romantic dinner...'

I would've welcomed the naughty little images into my head if it wasn't for the fact that Kevin is still present and the part where I really don't want to miss this drama unfold.

"No," he says as-a-matter-of-factly, "What I want is for me to be able to come up here and... and kiss my girlfriend. And if that means I have to talk to him, then... then that's what I'll do."

This time, I mutter an audible, "Awe."

And it appears Penny is thinking the same thing judging by her expression. Kevin just referred to her as his girlfriend. It doesn't get any cuter and more romantic than that.

How I wish I could refer to Rossi as more than just my colleague slash friend.

"Kevin..." She places her hand on his chest and he smiles brightly. But then, Penny's eyes narrow and she's backing the man out of the room, "If you get, like, within a hundred feet of Agent Rossi, I will unleash an unrecoverable virus on you personal computer systems that will reduce your electronic world into something between a Commodore 64 and a block of government cheese."