that evening

Tw. Alcohol, mention of cigarettes, swearing,mental abuse.

Tubbo lay on his bed and tried everything to get to sleep, it was still only 7.30 but he just wanted to escape reality for a few hours. No matter what he tried to do he couldn't get his mind to leave this place. The strong smell of alcohol made him feel sick and his was very hungry. He knew schlatt said not to disturb him but he was too hungry he couldn't take it anymore.

He made his way down stairs as slowly as possible ,trying not to make too much noise, and stood outside the living room door. He sighed and gave the door a quite knock before opening it. Schlatt was siting watching some crappy TV show, accompanied by 4 bottles of beer.

"E-excuse me," tubbo interrupted and Schlatt turned around " I was just w-wondering when uh- dinner was going to be ready."

"You can't seriously be that hungry now." Replied schlatt, sharply. Tubbo hesitated before answering. There was a huge lump in his throat .

"I mean, i-i haven't eaten since breakfast," he said, fidgeting with his hands as he spoke. Schlatt looked pissed. "If your really that hungry there should be some food in the kitchen." Answered Schlatt, turning back around to face the TV.

Tubbo nodded and closed the door before heading towards the kitchen. Every press (cupboard) he opened he found nothing but cigarettes, empty beer bottels and pain killer tablets. He opened a large press and found a shelf of goldfish. He looked for something else to eat but there was nothing else.

He didn't particularly like goldfish and it didn't make it better that they were off date. Tubbo felt sick just looking at them and he tried to decide which was better, the goldfish or just being hungry. Schlatt trudged into the kitchen to get another beer.

"Uh you don't happen to have anything else to eat?" Asked Tubbo turning around. "What wrong with that?" Asked Schlatt sharply, taking another 2 bottels out of the fridge.

"I -i just don't really like goldfish-"

"Fucking deal with it, you ain't getting anything else you ungrateful bitch." Schlatt cut in sharply before returning to the sitting room. Tubbo was dumbfounded, he had never been called 'an ungrateful bitch' before. His face went red and Schlatt noticed." Don't give me that shit of crying now!" Schlatt warned, pointing a beer bottles at tubbo. Tubbo nodded his head sadly. 'Why does he have to be drunk?' Tubbo asked himself. He didn't really know how people acted when they were drunk since he had never seen one before, but going off what he just saw,he didn't like it.

Tubbo stood there with a little packet of stale goldfish in his hand. 'They can't be that bad' he tried to tell himself before having a few. But they were, he spat them out almost as soon as he put then in his mouth. 'This just isn't fair!' Was all that was going through his head and he couldn't help but let a few tears escape.

Tubbo decided to try and forget about his hunger and returned back upstairs to his so called 'bedroom'. He climbed onto his bed and hugged his Teddy and began to silently cry.

It was hard to believe only this morning he was sitting playing with his Teddy in the adoption center and now he was in a house with a man who couldn't give two fucks about him.