The favour

TW: physical and mental abuse, swearing, mention of cigarettes.

Schlatt was in a semi-good mood for the past few days and tubbo took advantage of his good mode since it was a rare thing to come across. Tubbo was able to have a proper conversation with Schlatt and he wouldn't get told off for 'talking too much'.

That luxury only lasted a short amount of time though. Tubbo came down one afternoon and walked into the living room to find Schlatt sitting on the couch. He turned around "Ah Toby there you are!" Said Schlatt standing up and coming over towards him. Tubbo stood still and nodded." You wouldn't mind doing me a favour would you?" Tubbo shook his head,"no I don't mind."

"Great!" Said schlatt, handing Tubbo a €10 note. Tubbo was confused." Go up to the shop and get me another pack of cigarettes would ya?" Tubbo looked up at him,'is he daft?!' (Daft means dead in the head if you didn't know) "Schlatt I'm 7." Tubbo said raising an eyebrow. "So what?" Asked schlatt, Tubbo could hear the sharpness in his voice.

"I'm not able to buy cigaret-" "Fucking find it out." Cut in Schlatt turning back to the couch. Tubbo stood there, he didn't know what to do. There wasn't a hope that they would sell cigarettes to a 7 year old. "Don't you come back here without them now Toby , you hear me?" Tubbo nodded, he was going to get in so much trouble when he comes home without them.

..............................

Tubbo made his way down the footpath and started making his way to the closest shop to his neighbourhood. It was still a good 15 minute walk but it wasn't too far away and it was a safe enough journey to make so Tubbo didn't need to worry about having go to alone. Tubbo knew for a fact they sold cigarettes there, just not to unsupervised 7 years old boys who looks to be at least 5.

"HEY TOBY!" Someone called out. Tubbo stopped and looked around to see Clay running towards him. Tubbo smiled and waved back. "Where you going?" He asked. "To the shops." Tubbo replied. "Alone?" Clay asked looking almost concerned. Tubbo nodded, he didn't think of it as such a big deal but apparently it was."Here, I'll come with you." Clay offered and Tubbo couldn't decline an offer so he agreed to let Clay come along, plus it would be nice to have some company along the way.

Tubbo found out just how chatty Clay was and how open he was. It reminded him of himself before he was adopted, he use to be very chatty and giddy but not anymore. Schlatt hardly let him talk openly about stuff he liked, his opinion on things or his feelings. So Tubbo has gotten very use to not talking and keeping things to himself.

"So what you going up for?" Clay asked ,the one question Tubbo was hoping he wouldn't ask. "Uh- just something for my, my dad." Tubbo said, he didn't want to elaborate anymore. Clay nodded, he could sense Tubbo was uncomfortable with whatever he had to buy.

"How old are you Toby?" Clay asked, braking an awkward silence, "Uh 7," Tubbo answered, he had to use his finger to count. "Wow, your dad has alot of trust in you to walk down to the shops alone at the age of 7!" Clay said. Tubbo got a strong urge to say it wasn't that he trusted him, it was that he didn't care, but he managed to hold his tongue. Tubbo just nodded. "Suppose he does."

"If you don't mind me asking what happened your arm?" Asked Clay referring to a few cuts on his arm caused by Schlatt throwing a glass bottle at him one night for not doing something quick enough. Tubbo quickly pulled down his sleeve "nothing," he said quickly, speeding up his paste.

Oh how stupid he was! He should've be more careful and cover up his cuts properly, now Clay was onto him.

"Toby, please you can trust me." Clay said in the most calming voice ever, he wasn't one to leave that at a 'nothing'. Tubbo wanted to tell Clay what happened but he was always told by Schlatt that he would kill him if he told anyone anything that happened at home, so he held his tongue. "I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to tell you" Tubbo answered,"Now if you don't mind I've got to get to the shops as quickly as possible."