The Book of Life and Death

Hey everyone! This is a few weeks after the epilogue in A Masked Sunrise!

"Are you sure you're willing to risk her hating you by giving her these powers?" XD asked.

"I am."

"Besides, why wouldn't she want powers?" Dream laughed.

XD sighed. "Sometimes these aren't a gift. She isn't becoming a god like me, but she might have some of the same effects."

"I'll take care of it," Dream spoke firmly.

"Ok, here's the books."

XD handed Dream the god book and the revive book, and Dream walked out of the room, thanking XD as he left. He was finally going to have you back. Guilt ran through him. He wished that he could have done it sooner. You would understand, right? He didn't have to worry, everything would be fine...

It was raining once again, and Dream decided to do this in the forest. It was pitch black out, and he hoped that you would be ok. Wilbur went insane after he revived him after all.

Dream held out the revive book and waited for it's powers to work. In a matter of seconds, you were standing in front of him. The moonlight shined on you, a confused H/C girl. You had no clue where you were.

"Schlatt?" You whispered.

After Dream put his hand on your face, you snapped back into reality. You were back... Dream had revived you. You weren't ready to go back. You didn't get to say goodbye to anyone. You would never see your brother again.

Tears streamed down Dream's face, past his mask. "Y/N, my love, I'm so glad to see you again."

You stepped back out of his reach. "You left me to die. And all of this time, you could have revived my friends and brother..."

"Y/N, I'm sorry, I just couldn't."

"And they're dead for a reason."

"How could you?"

"I get that you love your brother, and that's ok, Y/N. But if he came back, everything would go to chaos."

"Whatever you say," You mumbled.

"I have something for you, your friend XD gave it to me," Dream spoke, breaking the silence.

"What is it?"

He handed you the book. "You can now switch from the death realm to the living realm whenever you want. You can visit your brother and friends. And if someone kills you, you can just come back," Dream explained.

""Clay... thank you."

"I will warn you that the book has a few unknown powers. They seem to be minor, but just be aware."

"Y/N?" Dream spoke again.

"Yes?"

Both of your books sat on a nearby rock.

"I have something to ask you."