April Prompt List - Day 4: Butterfly - Scar

(Author's Note: A day late, I know. Sorry about that. Yesterday got busy.

I feel like today I was forcing the prompt a bit. I like the general story, but fitting in "butterfly" was quite the challenge. 

I guess you can be the judge of how this turned out though, and I'll stop thinking about this.) 

- - - - - 

New seasons were overwhelming. Difficult to handle.

Top that off with just getting back from a full on war game..

And already getting into some fights with other hermits...

Scar wanted a break. That was all.

He wanted a long break from any of the war and the residual bloodlust in his heart.

And he wanted an explanation of why in the world had a few hermits respawned as children. That makes no sense at all!

Honest to goodness his head hurt and he wanted to be at peace for five seconds though that wasn't happening given the few hermits that had died in the first twenty minutes of this world... well they were now kids because of this weird curse.

Even Scar's leftover crystals from season 7 couldn't explain this.

"Xisuma?" Scar ran up to where X was busying himself setting up a villager breeder (around him were a few onlookers of this task). "Do you know what's going on with the respawns?"

And sure, Xisuma had been aware of the problem for at least a couple hours, but he wasn't doing anything about it, and that was what was mildly concerning. Xisuma always worked hard to learn what was wrong, so why couldn't he stop what he was doing to put Scar's mind at ease?!

"I'm afraid I have no clue why our friends are respawning as children... But I'll look into it in a day or two. I just— we need this set up, and I don't have a good place to hunker down and work just yet." Xisuma answered in such a level headed way that Scar couldn't tell what he thought of all this.

"Xisuma?" Scar spoke in a small voice–not like a child's, mind you, but as pitiful as one maybe.

Xisuma finally turned away from his work to give Scar all the attention. "I'll figure this out. Don't you worry." He gave a little smile (and it looked pretty derpy now that he was part-axolotl) though his positive attitude didn't lift Scar's spirits. "Do you trust me?"

Scar tried to nod—really he did—but it was unnoticeable to X.

"It's ok. I know you're scared." Xisuma wrapped him in a tight hug, a small peace to the world around them. And for a few seconds, they stayed like that in silence. But when Xisuma broke the hug, he wasted no time between that action and work. (There seemed to be no time for comforting.)

"Thanks," Scar said, though his voice was shaky with worry and he was still unconvinced things could or would improve.