[2] Being alive once again

I found the image on Pinterest, credit to the incredible artist.
.
.
.

The moon had been set in the west when a crimson-haired woman walked silently in the hall.

The dusk of a new moon. The night when the Death power was at its peak. Also, the night when for the first time, her family was whole.

The night of reunification.

A bitter smile rose on her stunning face.

Jour sneaked to Cale's room and activated her ancient power to check Cale's annual ring of life. The time warped for Cale too. Her five-year-old kid, her treasure, was already through so much hardship.

Her little boy was whining in pain.

His breath was irregular and heavy. His fever had been reduced but still severe.

Jour teared up. She knew that her son would have peculiar experiences with time. But, when that future truly happened, she felt a sting in her heart.

No matter what she did, unchangeable things unfolded like how it was supposed to be.

The fact that her Cale regressed means the vision that she wished to prevent still happened in one way or another.

Was her little boy have the memories of his first life? The horror of remembering the destruction, the misery, and the death of loved ones that he had witnessed. Jour didn't want her beloved boy to endure everything.

'Why were her two children destined to bear the world weight on their slight shoulders?'

The older was a regressor, whereas the younger was a reincarnator with memories of past life intact.

And Jour couldn't physically accompany them until the end.

'But it's fine...this time Cale won't be alone and...' she kissed her little lovely boy's forehead, 'And now I have more time to accompany you.'

She desired her children to be happy, to not fell into despair.

She could and would do everything to make that happen, even if it cost her her life.

But she would be here, on their side. To love them and cherish them as long as the time allowed.

Jour lay down on Cale's side and brought his small stature to her embrace. She would be on Cale's side when the pain of regression hit him.

'Everything will be alright, dear.'

And like that, a pained groan stopped coming from Cale's little mouth.

.
.
.

Ten days. Cale Henituse needed too much time to regain consciousness.

He was no longer in pain. But, his body felt sucked up until the energy it contained was drained.

Sigh

Cale tried to wake up but didn't have the strength to do so.

The door to the room opened with a nearly unhearable crack. An old butler came in with a water basin. Cale tilted his head slightly.

"R-on." Cale's voice cracked because of lack of use for the past day.

The old butler's eyes widen before normal again in a second. Ron smiled benignly. He retreated to ask the servant outside to inform the lord.

"Young master, you are awake."

Ron placed the basin on the nightstand.

His warm but calloused hand touched Cale's forehead. Cale realized he still had a slight fever.