[07] The one left behind

This fanfic is DISCONTIN-

(Ron wiping his dagger in the corner)

Ahahaha (• ▽ •;)

Long time no see! (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

.
.
.

Cale had the urge to curse whichever bastard messed with him.

The last thing he remembered was storytelling to his baby brother about a black haired crazy guy's adventure in the past timeline.

And now he was trapped inside his own memories.

Cale always had a good memory. He liked that trait a lot because life was easier when he didn't need to reread the same book to imprint the content in his brain.

However, it had a backlash.

He couldn't forget his mother's solemn smile before her departure.

His father's hurting looks every time his red hair was in sight.

Ron's warm hand.

Basen's unmoving figures.

Lily's scream.

His stepmother stiff corpse.

His father's bloodied figures.

Hans.

Hilsman.

Eric hyung.

And the sword master despaired dark eyes.

Cale remembered everything. He didn't need to rewatch his own memories.

'Damn'

He cursed internally. In front of him was a dying 'Cale' and a broken black haired swordsman desperately blocking his bleeding.

'Sigh.' Cale threw his gaze to somewhere else.

They were not even a friend.

Cale could not understand why the hero made that kind of expression.

'I am just trash.'

'Maybe because he didn't want to be left alone.' Cale tried to reason.

The hero party was no more. And Cale was a remaining piece that related to the lone hero's past before he lost more and more. A trash who insulted the hero's family and got beaten to a pulp.

Well, there was still the crown prince, though.

He still didn't get why the hell the punk made that shitty face in front of dying trash.

He chose to ignore the pang on his heart.

"Since you tried hard to keep me alive, I suppose I'll treat you to a meal later."

Cale made a mental note.

'And I'll use you well to protect my baby brother.' He secretly added.

The surroundings faded as 'Cale' breathed his last breath.

And the broken memory repeated itself in an endless loop.

What most irked him was the fact that he couldn't do anything. He was practically a gosh in this illusion.

Cale really needed to thank the shady god of death. He certainly would go crazy if not for his passive skill.

'hm?'

Cale was tilting his head. Instead of the fuc***g memory, the one that appeared this time was a big red tree. A bulb of red fur curled beneath the red leaves.

"What's now?"

He was contemplating whether to come near the tree or not.

'I won't get hurt inside my own mind... right? But, does it still inside my mind?'

Cale hated to thought complicated things.

"Let's just flip everything over."

'Since that is what a trash do.'

He floated his 'body' to reach the red bulb.

However, a whisper tied him in place.

"My Cale, it is not the time yet. Wake up, dear."

A soft and loving voice that was impossible to be mistaken.

A warm blast of red.

A second later, Cale was staring at a familiar ceiling.

.
.
.

In the darkest part of the night, several blurry figures loomed around five sacrifices.

The only one sitting comfortably on a boulder was their leader.

Ignoring the silent cry of their victims, the leader leisurely received a report from his subordinate.

However, the content of the report didn't please him at all.

"That crazy bastard, I told him to use the noble. What a waste. He is pretty useful."

The subordinate bowed down deeply. The guy didn't want to be on the receiving end of their lord's wrath.

Their primary spy and informant in Roan vanish without a trace. A mage with ancient power for disguise. He was weak in a one-on-one battle. However, he certainly couldn't be easily disposed of.

He was a rat who could freely run around inside the enemy's territory.

That kind of guy was suspected dead in the hand of Jour Thames.

'Did we get false information?' Thought the subordinate.

The following was what was written on the document about Jour Thames:

[The last known Thames. No offensive ability. Not related to the 'project'. Weak constitution. Abandoned her bloodline and married Deruth Henituse. First son, Cale Henituse. Updated: second son, Clyde Henituse (receive the God of Death's blessing)]

She was not a threat to them. But...

"Well, at least we confirm that the remained Thames didn't go senile."

"My Lord, should we send someone else?"

It's better to eliminate her, just in case.

"No. They are not a threat for now. Focus our resource on earth 5."

The lord switched his attention to the sobbed sacrifice. An ominous red sickle in his hand.

The subordinate had a bad feeling about leaving the Thames alone. If up to him, he would hunt Jour and her sons. He would terminate them to the core.

His gut said that needed to be done. His gut feeling never failed him. But he couldn't against the lord's wish.

It was better to shut up and live a long life.

"We can decide what to do to them when the  Sealed God comes back from his slumber." Said the lord before swinging his sickle.

"We over the karma."

_____________________________________

Since I only read ORV until around chap 88 of the manhwa, I don't know how exactly the fourth wall work. I stopped reading because of an angsty spoiler.

In this fic, its only function is to, somehow, stabilize the user's mind. The others might be added in the future. When I dare to read ORV till the end.

See you soon!

ヾ(〃^∇^)ノ♪

(Since my cookies are on the line)

(I promise not to eat cookies before writing the next chapter. Lol)