[03] You look better than I thought

"Ho... I am really handsome," Cale's reflection inside the mirror stared back at him. The reflection was quite handsome.

He was still not used to his smooth babyface. It's kinda weird seeing his scar from the war fade like it was never there in the first place.

"Young Master, are you inside the bathroom?" Cale was a little startled because not feel the assassin's presence.

"I will be out soon."

He come out of the bathroom and let Ron help him dressed.

A servant came to deliver his meal.

The rest of the family already had their breakfast. So Cale set alone in his room because he woke up late.

Clyde Henituse.

Like the meaning of his name, Clyde Henituse was a key. A key to changing the fate of the world.

"That's enough to change the fate of your word. I can only tell you this much for now."

Cale was glad they had more hope this time. But he disliked the idea of his baby brother holding all the burden on his shoulder. He didn't want Clyde sacrificed for the world. For the golden turtle, family always came first after all.

Cale needed to protect his brother. No, he must protect Clyde.

For that reason, Cale needed strength. He did not strong enough to protect anyone in his first life. Even himself. He survived 20 years of war just because of luck and the people who die in his place.

He didn't want something like that to repeat. No. Never. Or else his thin string of sanity would have snaped.

In his first life, Cale stopped his swordsmanship training when countess Violan and Basen came and he began his plan as trash of the count's family.

One of his biggest regrets. If only he didn't stop studying...maybe...just maybe Cale could protect his family. But you couldn't change something that was already in the past (well except if some god interferent).

Cale was only eight when he made that 'act like trash so the hatred pointed to me' plan.

"How naive." Cale mumble.

Ron who stand near the wall waiting for him to finish his meal rose his brow slightly. But of course, Cale did not see it.

'I know I am smart but stupid sometimes.' He started talking shit about himself while eating his porridge.

"Uh... I want steak." he frowned.

"Young Master, your body can't eat meat for now, as you have been comatose for 10 days," said the old man with his benign smile.

"I am okay now." Cale pouted and trow a little tantrum. Cale was a child now and he knew for sure that despite leaving him without saying goodbye to follow the punk, the old man won't ever hurt him even if he was troublesome.

'That old man can't resist my cuteness anyway'

'...'

sigh. Cale was dumbfounded by his own though.

'I really miss this old man am I?'

He proceeded to eat his annoyingly delicious porridge. He never admit it but Beacrox's cooking was the best in the kingdom.

Except for the 10 days of suffering when the pain from the fire that the white shit shot to him and from his past memory flood, Cale fell refreshed.

It was shocking though. He thought his child's body will suffer because couldn't handle his soul regression. But he was alright to the point he nearly thought that those 20 years of battle were just nightmares when he catch a fever.