[15] Because it's you, Mother

Jour knew her time was near. She had a week before she ran out of life forces. It was not because of sickness or a broken plate. She was just out of time. Her string of fate had come to an end.

She started to lose her power. Her guardian spirit didn't respond to her call.

She planned to split her ancient power on the last day of her life. She wanted to spend as much time as possible with her family. Because it would be a long while until they met again.

The trip to Beaur Village was completely unplanned. How come a well-flowing river drained suddenly?

Something happened in the Forest of Darkness.

Jour needed to check it. She must make sure no variables could harm her family. She wanted to lighten her children's burden as much as possible.

However, her cute children didn't let her go alone. They were so cute. And Jour couldn't say no to them.

'I can sneak out to the forest when Clyde is asleep.'

Sneaked out wouldn't be as easy as when she had her guardian spirit.

'Ron might catch me, haha.'

Well, she could think about that problem later.

.

 .

 .

She brought her youngest on the trip.

And she regretted it.

.

 .

 .

Clyde didn't sure what happened in that short time. He heard Ron's terrified shout. The moment he looked outside the window, he saw the edge of the cliff. The carriage was heading straight there.

Instinctively he summoned his shield. He ignored the glutton's warning. He embraced his mother tightly. The silver light wrapped around them. The pair of wings circled them with assurance.

The glutton said solemnly,

 -I will protect her

It was an assurance of the red-haired woman's safety.

The carriage rolled to the bottom of the cliff.

Clyde's mind became more and more clouded.

Behind the faint silver light, he saw the summer sky.

Where was the carriage's ceiling? Maybe it was destroyed by the sharp boulder.

Was that his mother's crying voice?

Clyde was not sure.

There was a terrible pain in his heart. It was the most painful he felt, even as Kim Rok Soo. The pain was as if he use Instant on his internal organs. However, it was bearable.

'It is bearable.' He persisted.

"Clyde, why? Stop! You are hurt! Why a kid protecting an adult?!"

At that moment, a ridiculous thought flashed in his mind. If he died from this pain, Clyde wouldn't have regretted it.

Kim Rok Soo despised the idea of death itself. So, he was perplexed by his own thought. Why?

"Clyde, please stop!"

Clyde heard his mother's depressed cry.

And Clyde realized the answer. Why did Kim Rok Soo readily give his life to others?

'Because it's you, mother. I can't lose you. I can't let you go without doing anything.'

Because it was for the woman who called him her precious child.