[06] Please wake up-3

Rumors about the attack on the young master Cale Henituse and the disappearance of young master Clyde Henituse spread fast like wildfire.

Luckily no one was seriously injured. The maid in the hallway only fainted from sleeping gas, while the guard on duty received minor injuries.

The blood that made the hallway look horror poured on the victim on purpose. So was the blood that made Cale's bedcover turn red.

The problem was young master Clyde was nowhere to be found. Along with the disappearance of a servant.

Count Deruth mobilized soldiers and knights to search for them from all corners of Rain City to remote villages.

He also contacted the Wheelsman, Ubarr, and Chester to keep an eye on any suspicious movements. Even the residents of the Henituse Territory and the merchants affiliated with them helped the search.

Ron Molan searched for traces of Clyde's kidnapper. Beacrox said Clyde was last seen sleeping with Cale before the sun went down. Although it was faint, they found traces of mana in Cale's room.

The abductor has a mage. But the intruder couldn't teleport in or out of the mansion without alerting the alarm. Henituse mansion was full of protection devices, after all.

Hypothetically, if the missing servant was involved in the kidnapping, it would mean he helped a mage sneak into the mansion then they sneak out again with Clyde.

"Look like the guard need to train harder." The butler's vicious smile made a soldier nearby shudder.

"Mr. Ron! One of the maids said she saw Bobbin, the blonde servant, come out from the back door with a laundry basket!" Report Hans.

"Is that so?" His Kitten Young Master indeed, small enough to be tucked into the laundry basket, "Inform the captain of the knight."

Ron walked away and disappeared at the end of the corridor.

"Yes!"

'That servant is not a mage,' at least that was what they believed.

Ron was the one who checked the background of every worker in the Henituse Mansion.

Bobbin, age 20, blonde, no mana, basic martial arts skills.

Ron had information on all the workers. That Bobbin didn't have any mana in his body.

'So how? The drug origin is from Eastern Continent. Then...'

Ron hoped the scenario in his mind was wrong.
.
.
.

[A story about a child who was blessed by the God of Death.

No matter what happened, he would survive. Death rejected him. In exchange, those around him would be injured in his stead. The boy would survive because he was destined to become a sacred sheep to be sacrificed to the darkness when the world fell into chaos. ]

"Interesting, right? This story will become one of the masterpieces." The crazy mage–still disguised as a servant–showed off the blurb of the story he wrote on the parchment to Clyde.

"Why don't you wake up, kid? I gave you a weaker sleeping drug." The red-haired kid was still unresponsive.

"Well, whatever." The crazy mage proceeded to write the story while humming.

[Every time the boy was in danger, divine intervention would save him and put him back into an abandoned temple in the city that had lost the god's favor. But why in that city? Of course, because the boy was blessed but cursed. It was a dirty curse that killed others in place of the boy and a blessing to save them from the chaos in the future.]

"Hmm... Isn't it more interesting if I put him on Sun temple? Seeing Henituse and Sun Goddess priests in friction must be fun."

Scrat!

The crazy mage was startled by a red dagger suddenly slashed his face.

"Ahh! You! How dare you!"

"That's my line. How dare you touch my child."

A woman with hair as red as the unconscious boy appeared out of nowhere.

Jour Thames took Clyde in her arms, "I am sorry, Clyde, Mom's late."

She kissed the boy's forehead and wrapped him in a red protective capsule.

"You bit*h!" The crazy mage prepared several mana blasts. He launched it to Jour but futile, "How?!"

The crazy mage realized the surroundings were frozen. The time around them was frozen.

He remembered what his Lord had said.

"Thames is a family related to time. No one knows exactly their ability limit."

The crazy mage tried to launch another attack. He took off the disguise to focus more on magic.

"You'll die and your kid-"

"Shut up." Jour Thames leisurely waved her hand. A giant red fox appeared and immediately pounced on the crazy mage. 

The fox's fur blazed like flames. The wind swirled around its four limbs, making the fire even more lambent.

It formed a fireball and aimed at the mage beneath it.

The crazy mage burned to the ground without a chance to fight back.

Cough

Jour was careful not to get her blood on Clyde even though Clyde's entire body was covered in dried blood.

Jour glanced at the parchment lying on the old altar, "Ha...the audacity," and burnt it into red ash.

She waved her hand again and the red fox disappeared.

The time around them melted away, moving as before. Jour disappears with Clyde. The abandoned temple in Puzzle City returned to the way it was as if the battle earlier never happened.

.
.
.

Ron was sure the countess had accompanied Cale in his room while the search was carried out.

To say Ron was surprised to meet the countess in the outskirts of the forest with young master Clyde in her embrace was an understatement.

"Ron, please bring Clyde back home. Despite the blood, he is not injured." Ron accepted the little boy into his arms.

"It's a secret, alright?" The madam said playfully, "See you."

And she disappeared into thin air.

When Ron got to the mansion, the same madam ran to him and hugged her son as if she was not the one who saved the boy.

'Ho... Interesting.'

______________________________________

Hmmm... our mama Jour is overpowered.

About the servant name, I type "Bob" and my keyboard recommend me "Bobbin" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

See you later!

ヾ(〃^∇^)ノ♪