[13] A song and a beautiful lady

Cale hid in the crowd. It was easy because, for some reason, they wandered around without coming inside the store or buying something.

He tightened the hat that covering his brown hair.

At the shopping district, specifically at a big stand displaying art pieces, Cale found them.

His stepmother and stepbrother.

Cale's heart tightened at the bad memories that flashed in his head.

The last time he saw his step-family was more than 20 years ago. Violan shielded her children from Clopeh Sekka's attack.

She gave him a warm smile, "Run."

Cale ran with his siblings.

He left her to death because he knew he must run so his younger siblings could survive.

He fought until his hand holding the sword became numb.

But eventually...

"Run, hyung...please."

Then Cale ran for his little sister.

"Orabeoni...."

In the end, he ran because he must live to get revenge.

[The limited version of the skill 'Fourth Wall' is activated!]

"Huh?"

Cale tilted his head. A strange voice was ringing inside his head. He couldn't grasp what language the voice was. He was unsure what happened, but his emotion subsidized, and his heartbeat calmed down.

However, Cale didn't have time to wonder because...

"Is it her?"

His mom suddenly put her head on his shoulder.

"Gasp! Mom! Why are you here?"

"And why is my Little Cale hiding here?"

"...."

"Young master, the madam said she wants to surprise you. That's why I didn't tell you!" Hans chimed in the awkward silence.

'....how unreliable.'

"So, is that person Lady Violan?" Jour crunched down beside him and whispered.

"...yeah." Cale averted his gaze. What should he do if his mom and his soon to be stepmother meet each other?

"Then let's go say hello!"

Jour cheerfully walked to the art stall.

"Huh? No, wait!"

.

.

.

Their merchant group planned to stay in the capital for the whole year. That's why Violan was busy managing her new store.

Rented a store in the capital's shopping district needed a lot of fortune. 

The group only able to rent a small two stored building on the district's outskirts.

Not many people walked around that place. 

So, Violan decided to make a small event to attract more visitors.

The event's pamphlet did good job of gathering people. The visitor crowded around the small stage prepared in front of the store.

The good side of a place in the district outskirt was it has a lot of free space in front of the store.