in your arms

1:00 am

The cop and Y/n arrive home after the disastrous event. Y/n still hasn't spoken one word when the cop saved them. They just want to be comforted and cared for, so that's what the cop did. He brought y/n a change of clothes and ordered some food. Y/n quietly goes to the room to change while the cop watches them go. They had felt that he failed to protect y/n, it was his top priority.

Soon the food arrives and the smell of it quickly fills the air. The cop makes his way to sit down next to Y/n with the food and hands them a serving.

"Thank you" Y/n says quietly.
"Anything for you love" replied the cop with a sweet smile.

It quickly becomes silent.

"Do you.. wanna talk about what happened?" said the cop. Y/n is silent for a moment but shakes their head no.

"Okay. I understand" they then lean in to kiss Y/n on the cheek.

2 hours past and the cop and Y/n are laying down together on the couch, watching a movie. The cop wraps his arm around Y/n.

Y/n blushes and gets closer to the cop. No words were spoken through the process, all that Y/n needs is this moment with the cop to cope with what had just happen. Y/n feels safe and loved around the cop, it's like the cop is Y/n's own distraction from all their problems.
Y/n's safe space.
Being around him is what completes Y/n as a person. The cop always provides happiness for Y/n, like he never fails to make y/n feel better and better about themselves as a person. Y/n cherishes every moment spent with the cop. That's how special the cop is to Y/n.

Y/n soon falls asleep in the cop's arms. The cop notices and a smile grows on their face.

"I love you y/n, with all my heart."