ʚɞ Four - Jugband imitator ʚɞ

Tom ended up taking the blue creature into the house and placing it inside Ozzy's dog cage. Tom began poking it with a spatula while Alex was trying to figure out if Google knew what this animal was.

"Got anything?" Tom whispered.

"Nothing," Alex replied, shaking her head and placing her phone down. "And why are you whispering?"

"I don't know," Tom admitted.

Alex's eyes widened and something came across her mind. "Dad... remember how Crazy Carl keeps going on about... this blue devil?"

"Yeah," Tom replied before realising too. "You don't think...?"

"Well, it's blue," Alex pointed out.

Tom walked over to grab his phone, "Okay, I'm gonna have to-"

Tom backed away slightly upon noticing the blue devil had awoken and had exited the cage. Tom pulled Alex towards him protectively.

"Donut Lord?" the blue devil said. "Curly Tree?"

"You can talk," Tom said. "You not... here to abduct us, are you?"

"You abducted me," the blue devil replied, sounding offended.

"Okay, that's a fair point," Tom shrugged. "What are you? Why were you hiding out in my garage?"

"I needed somewhere safe," the blue devil explained. "And you're the only person I could think of, Donut Lord."

"Why do you keep calling me Donut Lord?" Tom asked.

"'Cause you talk to doughnuts and then eat them if they get out of line," the blue devil replied.

"Again, fair," Tom shrugged.

"Wait, so why am I Curly Tree?" Alex asked.

"Because you go in the woods," the blue devil answered. "And you have curly hair-Wait, wait, wait. Where are all the mushrooms? Why am I still on Earth? What is- Oh, no! I lost my rings!"

This just confuses Tom and Alex even more, "What?"

Just then, the sound of a vehicle approaching outside catches everyone's attention.

"What's happening? Is this your mothership?" Tom asked the blue devil. "I'm not in the mood to get probed."

"You think you're worried?" the blue devil asked. "I'm not even wearing pants!"

Tom and Alex look out the window to see a black and red truck parked outside.

"What the...?" Tom muttered.

The blue devil looks out of the window as well, but yelps and covers the window with the curtains. "They're coming for me!"

"Who's coming for you?" Alex asked.

"And what does that have to do with us?" Tom asked.

"I don't have time to explain, but you have to help me!" The blue devil pleaded.

"No, I don't! Why?" Tom asked.

"Well, my legs, which normally would be classified as lethal weapons, feel like spaghetti," the blue devil explained. "I need your help. Please. It's life or death."

Tom looks at the blue devil, then back to the window before he makes his decision. "Fine. Come with me."

Tom walks out while Sonic tries to follow, but instead faceplants on the floor.

"Uh, little help?" Sonic called out.

■■■