ʚɞ Seventeen - He's back... ʚɞ

"All right, Ozzy, it's movie night at casa de Sonic, and it's your turn to pick," Sonic said. He was sitting on the sofa with Ashley, who had Ozzy resting on her lap while she scratched him behind his ear. "But I am not watching snow dogs again. That movie is the worst!"

Ashley let out a small laugh just as the lights suddenly flickered and then shut off. The TV shut off too.

Sonic let out an excited laugh. "Blackout!" He zipped away, returning with a blanket over his head and a torch in hand. He spoke in a creepy voice, "Ashley... Ozzy."

Ozzy ran off, a scared whimper following him.

"Sorry, buddy. Everything's okay," Sonic called out to the dog.

The TV then suddenly switched on, making the two in the living room jump. Ashley began to get a bad feeling.

"Excuse me. We did not order a poltergeist," Sonic called out as he heard someone walking up the steps. "If this is the pizza guy, this is really unprofessional."

"Why would we even need pizza?" Ashley asked. "I brought some with me."

Sonic reached up to grab the door handle, only to jump back and to where Ashley stood as a spark erupted from the keyhole. The door slowly opened, revealing a man with a bald head and a crazy moustache. 

But Sonic recognised that man, "Eggman?"

"Hello, hedgehog," Robotnik sneered. "Did you miss me?"

Ashley backed away slightly, getting the sense that Sonic would want her to get out of here. 

"I don't know how you got back, but you made a big mistake coming here," Sonic said, threateningly.

"Au contraire, mon frere. The mistake was thinking you'd won," Robotnik replied. "But that was just a prelude, an hors d'oeuvre, an aperitif, an amuse-bouche."

"I get it," Sonic snapped.

"I don't think you do," Robotnik chuckled evilly. "But you're about to. And so will that idiot sheriff and his wife and kid. And your little dog too!"

Sonic jumped up, ready to throw a punch towards the man. However, Robotnik moved to the left, revealing a red creature which punched Sonic through the wall and onto the sofa.

"Pitiful," the creature said.

"What? Who are you?" Sonic asked.

"Where are my manners?" Robotnik smiled. "Sonic, meet Knuckles. My new BFFAE. Bestest friend forever and ever!"

"Ash, get out of here!" Sonic said.

Ashley obeyed, grabbing Ozzy by the dog's collar and beginning to make her way out of the back door, as it was the only safe way out.

"Look, Robotnik, I don't care who you brought to help you," Sonic said, grabbing his bag of Rings in the process. "You're never going to get my power."

"Do I look like I need your power?" Knuckles asked, revealing his right fist which was covered with red electricity.

Sonic was punched through another wall. He landed in the garden, nearby to where Ashley had stopped dead in her tracks. Ozzy broke free from her grasp and ran into the woods, while Ashley called out to him.

"So nice when diabolical evil lives up to the hype," Robotnik commented as he walked to the hole in the wall, holding a bowl of popcorn.

"Where is it?" Knuckles asked Sonic.

"You want it? Here it comes," Sonic replied, his entire body glowing blue.

"I was expecting more of you," Knuckles remarked. "You're unskilled. Untrained. And unworthy!"