ʚɞ Nineteen - That's not a thing ʚɞ

"These rings signify the..."

Just then, a ringtone went off. Tom's eyes widened upon realising it was his phone.

"Sorry. Thought it was on silent," Tom smiled awkwardly as he quickly turned off his phone.

"These rings..."

The phone went off again, making Tom let out an irritated sigh.

"So help me, Thomas!" Rachel shouted at him.

Alex felt her phone vibrate. She subtly fished out her phone to find a text from Sonic.

CALL ME BACK ASAP! EMERGENCY!!!

"Okay, sorry, sorry," Alex stood up, quickly trying to get through the crowd. "Excuse me, this is an emergency. Sorry."

Alex called Sonic as she noticed Tom come up behind her, having excused himself from the wedding also. Sonic answered quickly.

"What?!" Tom asked, taking the phone from Alex before the girl could say anything. "This better be important. I just... Are you skiing?"

"Snowboarding, actually. But I need your help now," Sonic answered, panic laced in his voice. "Life or death situation this very second. I need you to use the ring I gave you to save me. Like right now!"

"Okay, slow down. I don't even know where you are," Tom replied.

"You just gotta picture where you want the ring to go. So picture this," Sonic turned his phone around, showing the snowy mountains he was going down.

"Oh, my god. Okay, okay. Hang on," Tom said, taking the ring out of his pocket. He threw it... but it just landed on the floor.

"What? Did you throw it?" Sonic asked as Alex ran over to the ring.

"Oh, god," Alex let out.

"What?" Tom and Sonic said simultaneously.

"Dad, remember when you were teasing Jojo?" Alex asked.

"Yeah," Tom replied, before his eyes widened. "Oh god..."

"Will someone please tell me what's making you both so worried?" Sonic asked. "Where's the ring?"

"You don't want to know," Alex replied.

"But I do, Alex," Sonic insisted. "I very much want to know, before I become a hedgehog-flavoured snow cone."

"Hang tight, buddy. I got this," Tom replied before hanging up.

"Dad, you might wanna be quick," Alex said pointing at the couple.

"With this ring, Rachel..." Randall began.

Tom jumped up, "Hey! Hi."

"Uhm..." Alex stuttered, not knowing how she was going to get the ring from Randall.

"Everything okay, bud?" Randall asked.

"Not really," Tom shrugged.

"What are you doing?" Maddie whispered to Tom. 

"This is gonna sound crazy, but I need to see that ring for just one second, one second," Tom insisted.

"Have you lost your mind?" Rachel asked.

"We'll gonna give it right back, I promise," Alex chimed in. "Please, it's really important."

"No, bro. Go sit down," Randall replied.

"Give me the ring, please?" Tom asked.

"Randall, don't look at him, look at me," Rachel said.