ʚɞ Sixteen - Aloha! ʚɞ

"How excited are you to go to Hawaii?" Tom asked.

"Really excited," Alex giggled. She was jumping about in her trainers in excitement.

The family enter the living room to see Sonic and Ozzy. Sonic is holding a clipboard and a spatula, and both of them are wearing sunglasses and ties. They are standing in front of a Ring portal with a view of Hawaii visible through it.

"Welcome to Sonic Air, the fastest way to travel," Sonic announced. "Now boarding groups one and two."

Maddie let out a small laugh, "Aww, Sonic! This is so fun!"

Maddie walks forward, but Sonic blocks her. "I'm sorry ma'am, you're group three. Please wait your turn. Anyone from groups one and two?"

"Just let him get it out of his system," Tom said when Maddie looked over at him.

"Okay, anybody else? Right this way," Sonic said.

"Thank you," Maddie chuckled.

Maddie walks forward, with Sonic pretending to scan her with the spatula. Sonic makes scanning noises with his mouth, making Maddie laugh. As she goes, Alex walks up next, giggling at the scanning noises that Sonic is making. Tom walks up afterwards, with Sonic doing the same to him.

"Terrible shirt detected," Sonic remarked. "Okay, you're free to go. Enjoy your trip. Bu-bye now."

"Okay," Tom bends down to Sonic's level and opens his arms. "Bring it in."

"Tom, I'm about to be hedgehog of the house for the first time," Sonic replied. "I think I'm a little mature to hug you goodbye."

Maddie bends down and makes a fist, "Okay, what about a power bump?"

"Yes! Power bump!" Sonic smiled as Tom and Alex came down too with a fist out. "That's more like it."

Sonic, Tom, Maddie and Alex all power bump. "Wachowski!"

Tom, Maddie and Alex head their way through the Ring portal as Sonic holds a Ring in his hand.

"Okay, use this one to get back home," Sonic tosses the Ring to Tom, who catches it in his hand.

"Alright, we're off. Okay, be good!" Tom said as the family walked through to the other side of the Ring.

"Ashley says she's going to come over later to check on you," Alex said. "Maybe watch a movie with you?"

"Sorry, can't hear you," Sonic shrugged. "You're crossing through a trans-dimensional portal."

"Miss you already," Tom replied as the ring slowly began to close.

"I'll call you later on," Alex smiled.

"Enjoy Rachel's wedding!" Sonic said.

Maddie sent Sonic a kiss just before the ring closed.

"He's so gonna trash the place," Alex sighed.

"Well, he'll have until Monday to clean it up," Tom shrugged. "Now, c'mon, you!"

Alex squealed as her dad threw her over his shoulder and started carrying her toward the hotel. "Dad, stop it!"

■■■

Sonic is floating about the pool using a flamingo floatie when he starts hearing a vibrating sound. He reaches down into the pool, falling in before emerging, noticing that Alex is trying to call him.

"Uh oh. Ehh boy..." Sonic made quick work, turning on the lights and proceeding to clean up everything in the house. Once done, he lays down on the couch and answers the video call.

"Aloha!" Alex greeted. She now had a pink flower woven into her hair.

"Aloha," Tom also greeted, standing behind Alex. "How's it going, bud?"

"Oh, ya know. Just a quiet time at home. Just settling in with a good book," Sonic answered. "And you? Wazzup with you?"

"Oh! Just called to say we're here," Tom said. "But now, every word in your mouth is making me suspicious."

"What?! You gotta relax buddy!" Sonic scoffed. "You're at the Four Seasons Oahu. Have a Mai Tai! Enjoy some time with your wife and daughter! Get sunburned somewhere embarrassing! This weekend is about you."

"You're right. We power bumped on it," Tom smiled. "So whatever it is you're doing, I'm sure you can undo it by the time we get home, right?"

"Exactly!" Sonic replied, before quickly realising his mistake. "I mean, I am deeply offended by such accusations! So, how's Rachel's fiancé? Is he as good looking as he was in his picture?"

Tom looks to see Randall with Rachel, who he shares a kiss with.

"Somehow, better," Alex answered. "I still can't believe he's going to be my uncle."

"Wow! Your dad's about to be the third best looking dude in the family!" Sonic chuckled.

"Hahaha. Alright, I better go introduce myself," Tom sighed before facing Sonic on Alex's phone. "Stay out of trouble."

"Trouble? Don't worry," Sonic replied. "Everything here is completely normal."

"Uh-huh. Later, bud," Tom said before making his way over to Randall.

"Make sure to brush those bubbles off Ozzy," Alex said to Sonic. "Ashley will be by in a few minutes."

"Okay, you got me," Sonic sighed. "You always do."

"That's what's gonna make me a good photographer," Alex teased. "I spot things no one else can. I'll chat to you later."

"Bye," Sonic replied before hanging up.

Not long after that, the doorbell rang. Sonic opened it to find Ashley there, holding onto two pizza boxes.

"I got the pizza!" Ashley announced happily.

"Golden Mermaid!" Sonic smiled.

Meanwhile, Alex was contemplating on actually approaching her uncle.

"You got a lot of nerve coming here after what you did to my fiancé!" Randall said to Tom.

Tom grew very confused, "W-what?"

"Totalling her car, leaving her tied to a chair," Randall listed out. "I should rip you limb from limb." Tom stands there speechless, but Randall then starts to laugh. "Oh my god! Look at your face! Tommy, breathe! Hey! I was kidding!"

"Okay!" Tom replied, trying to laugh too. "You were kidding?"

"Yeah! I'm sorry," Randall said. He then noticed Alex. "Is that my new niece over there?"

Alex approached, trying to put a smile on her face, though she was still nervous.

"Again, I'm sorry. Rachel put me up to it. It was totally her idea," Randall said to Tom.

"Sounds like her," Alex nodded, making Randall chuckle.

"Listen, I don't know if you're aware... Rachel does not care for you at all," Randall admitted to Tom.

"Oh, I'm aware," Tom nodded.

Rachel and Maddie proceed to walk up to where Tom, Randall and Alex are.

"Seriously bro, you got work to do," Randall finished before the two sisters arrived.

Rachel walks up to Tom, "Hey! Good to see you. Thanks for coming, Tom. Really glad you came!"

"Really?" Tom asked, earning a small kick from his wife. "Well, great! Great to see you too. Congratulations. You guys seem really happy together."

"Ya know, you're alright, Thomas Wachowski," Rachel smiled. "Can we bury the hatchet?"

"I'd love that," Tom smiled too.

"Alright, bring it in!" Rachel moves forward to hug Tom tightly. "And if you screw up my wedding, I will end you."

Tom immediately has a look of worry on his face. Alex bit her cheek, hoping Sonic and Ash were doing better than she was.