ʚɞ Fourteen - Back to normal? ʚɞ

Two days had passed and everything seemed to have gone back to normal. Tom, Maddie and Alex were fixing their house after the attack a couple of days before.

"You got enough there?" Tom asked Maddie.

"Yes, Mr Manager," Maddie replied.

"Need any more?" Tom asked, playfully sticking a roller brush in front of Maddie.

"You get that away!" Maddie squealed, making Alex laugh a little.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the front door. Tom answers it to find Commander Walters on the doorstep. Alex walked into the living room, feeling like she didn't really need to be at the front door.

"Mr and Mrs Wachowski?" Commander Walters asked.

"Yes?" Tom answered.

Commander Walters reaches into his coat and hands them an envelope, "A token of appreciation for your government for keeping quiet about recent incidents which never occurred."

Tom takes the envelope, "Wow! Wonder what it is."

"Money to fix the house?" Maddie guessed with a smile.

"Letter from the president?" Tom asked.

"You'll see," Commander Walters smiled.

"Okay," Tom opens the envelope, revealing a $50 gift card to Olive Garden from Uncle Sam.

"Olive Garden," Maddie read.

"Yeah, heh. The way you said You'll see made me think it was something better than the things we said," Tom admitted.

"Have you tried their Never Ending Pasta Bowl?" Commander Walters asked. "It never ends!"

"That sounds... fancy," Tom replied, trying to find a good word.

"Well, thank you. We appreciate the gesture," Maddie smiled.

"Oh, hey. I guess we can close the file on that Robotnik guy, huh?" Tom asked Commander Walters. "Just disappeared."

"I'm sorry, but no such person exists or ever has existed," Commander Walters replied.

"I wish that were true," Alex mumbled.

"You haven't, by any chance, been in contact with a certain alien creature since the incident, have you?" Commander Walters asked. "Uncle Sam would love to have a chat with him. Very casual. Brunch, perhaps."

"Oh, you mean the little blue guy?" Tom asked before shaking his head. "No. No, nothing. No. Doubt we'll ever hear from him again."

Commander Walters let out a small sigh, "Very well."

"Okay. Thank you," Tom smiled.

Commander Walters glances inside the house but Tom slowly closes the door. Commander Walters tries to peek inside a little more, but the door is now fully closed.

"To be honest, I'm pretty pumped about the pasta bowl," Tom admitted as he and Maddie walk into the living room. 

Sonic pokes his head up from behind the couch that Alex is sitting on. "So, do you guys wanna watch a movie or what?"

"Sorry, buddy," Maddie replied. "It's a school night. It's time for you to go back to your cave."

"What?!" Sonic jumps up from behind and sits on the couch next to Alex and Ozzy. "It's 3:00 in the afternoon! And what about Alex?"

"You know how you get when you're tired," Tom replied. "And Alex is helping us out. Come on."

"Me? I'm not like anything. Ugh, you guys are so uncool!" Sonic groaned.

"Yeah, yeah, we know," Tom replied with a smile. Sonic starts making his way to the front door. "Hey, buddy, where you going?"

"You said I have to go back to my cave," Sonic replied.

"We did," Tom said, sharing a smile with Maddie. 

Tom opens the hatch to the attic and they let Sonic go in first. Upon entering the attic, he is visibly surprised to find that all of his possessions from the cave in the woods are now in the attic.

"Oh, my-- Are you kidding me?" Sonic asked before a smile grew on his face. "I can't believe it. How did you-- It's-- it's all here." Tom, Maddie and Alex climb up as Sonic starts zipping around to each of his possessions and furniture. "Look at this! Are you kidding?! And the beanbag?! No way! How did you even get this?! And you got it all the way over-" Sonic laughs, does a funny dance on his bed and jumps up and down a few times. "I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it!"

Sonic sits up on his bed as Tom and Maddie sit next to him. Alex sits crossed-legged in front of the blue hedgehog.

"Well, welcome home," Maddie smiled.

"Thank you, so much," Sonic said to the three of them. Just then, Ozzy arrived, his tail wagging and his nose scoping out this new room. "Oh, no, you don't! No second-best animal friends allowed in my room. Wait, what are you doing? Stay away from me! Stop it! I'm warning you, I've got nunchucks! Hey, stop! Okay, you can stay!"

Author's note:

Wow, that look a lot longer than I thought it would.

Well, Movie 1 is all done! Movie 2 will be added to this book soon, as soon as the transcript and movie is released. I might end up getting to work on it when only the transcript comes out.

We'll have to wait and see...