9

One thing that confused Shia so much was how quickly her emotions changed

One thing that confused Shia so much was how quickly her emotions changed. Yes, that oh so funny word. Emotions. She felt that she was doing so good. She was coping well, but then Quil came rushing back into her life.

Oh, Quil. Sweet Quil. He honestly meant no harm. He wished he never phased. He wished that he could still be with his Clearwater. Quil was falling hard, only for him to phase into some tribal beast. Aka a Quileute shapeshifter who's purpose was to protect the innocent from the palefaces.

Not once did Quil think he would ever leave sweet Saleaah's side. He thought by now he would have probably confessed his feelings, if it wasn't for shifting. Not only did Sam have to order the curly haired boy to stay away from the empath, but Sam forced at least one pack member to be with him at all times.

Normally, for any other of the wolves, Sam would simply say not to do something, and of course by force..they would have to do so. But hearing Quil's thoughts, Sam wanted to have some.. "extra precautions". Which was well needed, the amount of times Quil wanted to see the grieving girl.

That's why Quil decided to sneak away to try to talk to the girl. That also ended tragically as she ran off and was overwhelmed with feelings. Feelings that he couldn't understand.

How would he know?

Well, Quil imprinted. He could feel her surface feelings when he stared at her. She was upset..? As much as Quil thought about it, the more angry he felt. He made his imprint feel overwhelmed and upset.

***

Jasper Hale. The vampire that struggled with self control, could not help but to feel connected to the small empath. He knew he wanted to get closer to the girl, hell, even Alice did. Jasper believed that he could help this girl with the emotional turmoil she was going through, especially once Rosalie explained to the family what the girl known as Shia was experiencing.

There on the couch laid Shia with her head on Rose's lap as she slept. Emmett made sure to cover her with a blanket as Rose ran her fingers through the empath's damp hair.

"She's like me?" Jasper's eyebrows furrowed as Alice comforted him from where they stood at the far side of the room. "That's what it sounds like." Carlisle confirmed and glanced at Edward for further confirmation.

"Her brain is very scattered, it's hard to read something clear other than a muffled sound of her screaming "Stop, please". That muffled scream also sounds like she's..drowning?" Edward tried to explain as his head tilted and eyebrows furrowed.

"Okay, that's enough. Let her have some peace." Rosalie sighed wanting Shia to be left alone. Rose felt like they were invading the young girl's privacy, which they were.

Carlisle nodded and called the family meeting to be over, and everyone started to leave. Other than Rosalie, Emmett, and of course Jasper. "Jas?" Alice called quietly from the door. Jasper's eyebrows mocked Edward's previously as he stared at the sleeping girl, before looking away.

Alice smiled gently at Jasper's face. She knew that face, he only showed her that side of him. That worried, loving side of him. Alice nodded at her mate before quietly walking away.

"I'm sorry, but why are you still here?" Rosalie narrowed her eyes at her brother who still stood in the far side of the room. "It seems like I'm the only one here keeping her calm enough to sleep." Jasper met Rosalie's protective eyes with matching emotions, which caused the woman to relax a bit.

Emmett rubbed his wife's shoulders gently before kissing her forehead. "Do you need me to get anything?" He asked his wife whom shook her head. Emmett nodded and took a seat on the couch next to where Rosalie and Shia was located.

Emmett looked over at Jasper, who made eye contact with him. Emmett smirked glancing at the game, and Jasper rolled his eyes, sitting next to his brother who quietly cheered.

                                                ***
Saleaah woke up from the best sleep she's gotten in a long time, when she heard the loud bickering of two men. "You're cheating!" A booming voice shouted, followed by a laugh almost matching his voice.

Rosalie gave up on trying to shush the two men when she felt the girl stirring awake. "How are you feeling?" Rose asked as she soothed Saleaah's hair down. "I feel calm, other than the smugness and frustration that's poking in. Besides that, calm." The Quileute grinned up at Rosalie who smiled, ignoring the girl's red eyes from crying.

Unconsciously, it seemed that Jasper continued to send off calming waves to the girl as if it was a reflex. Not that anyone was complaining, but he was helping the girl. Consciously, he planned to do the same thing.