10

The next day was horrible, to say the least

The next day was horrible, to say the least. Saleaah woke up with a horrible headache, and felt everything hit her almost as hard as the previous day. The fact that she did not think twice before dialing her blonde friend's number was astronomical.

"Shia? What's wrong?" Rosalie asked immediately once the phone was answered. "Can I come over again?" She asked sitting up from her bed. "Yeah, sure. You don't even have to ask. I'll have Jasper meet you at our spot." Rosalie told her over the phone.

"Jasper?" Shia asked rubbing her eyes and pulling on some comfortable clothes. "Yes, Alice, Emmett, and I are in Port Angeles right now. We'll be home sortly." Rose explained and the girl nodded, though the blonde could not see her. "Okay." She muttered hanging up and headed to the bathroom to finish getting ready.

When Shia finished getting ready, she made her way down the stairs and started to pull on her muddy shoes from the day before. "Where are you headed to, hun?" Sue asked pulling off her oven mitts. "I'm going to see my friends, I'll be back soon. Love you mom." Shia blew her mother a kiss before rushing out the door with her rain jacket.

"Friends? What friends?" Sue called the last part out, with furrowed brows.

To say that the youngest Clearwater felt happy to go see the Cullen's was an understatement. The only time she felt happy lately was around Quil, but we all know how that went.

"Where are you going?" Seth asked his twin when he saw her rushing passed him and Leah. Saleaah froze for a second before continuing on her way. Seth quickly grabbed her arm before she could enter the woods they came out of.

"You don't have the right to ask me that." She responded yanking her arm back to her side. "I think I do, stop being so difficult, Saleaah." He huffed out in frustration. Saleaah felt uncomfortable from the feelings she got from both Seth and Leah. Leah's was normal, but Seth's...his was different. They weren't completely positive anymore.

"Me? I'm being difficult because I choose not to talk to you?" She asked not realizing that she was pulling from her sibling's anger. That fiery pit that lingered in her stomach began to rise throughout her body.

"You chose not to talk to me for a month, and when I don't talk to you it's a problem?" Shia glared at her brother who rolled his eyes at her reaction. "Shia, you don't understand." Leah sighed rubbing her temples.

"Then explain it to me." She crossed her arms looking between her siblings who said nothing. "That's what I thought." She scoffed and continued to go through the woods.

Seth went to go stop her again, but Leah placed a hand on his shoulder. "Let her calm down. She should be fine. Paul, Embry, and Jared are patrolling." Leah sighed and Seth nodded hanging his head.

***
"Come on! Please Quil! Just this one time. Please swap patrols with me." Embry begged his friend. Quil sat at the table with a muffin in his hand, staring at his best friend blankly.

"Fine, whatever." Quil finally gave in with a sigh, standing from his seat. Sam rolled his eyes, as Jared and Paul let out a loud laugh. "Told you he would bulge." Paul told Jared as the three headed out for patrol.

"Please keep your thoughts...how do you say. Not sad?" Jared asked Quil before they shifted, which Quil mentally rolled his eyes at. "Please keep your thoughts..how do you say? Not on your ex who wants to beat your ass?" He told Jared before quickly phasing and leaving the beta's sight.

As the three patrolled the Rez, something caught Quil's attention. "Paul?" He asked when he scanned over Paul's thoughts. He was seeing what Paul was seeing through his eyes. "Shia?" Quil questioned as his legs began to run into the direction of his pack mate and imprint.

Paul stared at the sister and imprint of his fellow friends as she stood in her spot. "Hey again." Shia smiled slightly before it fell from her face. The only time the girl could relatively feel happy is with the Cullen's now. Simply because she felt at peace with them.

Paul let out a small whine seeing the girl in distress, as he slowly took steps towards her. Paul did not feel an ounce of attraction towards the girl, if that is what you thought. He felt happy, calm, and protective of the small prophet. "Why is she so close to the treaty?" He wonder.

"Don't get any closer to her." Quil growled towards Paul in their thoughts, but Paul being Paul, he ignored him. Shia ran her fingers through his fur once the gray wolf got close enough. "I would give you a name, but that would be a little disrespectful, I would think." She muttered as he nestled closer to the girl.

Soon, something else caught Shia's attention. A growling chocolate brown colored wolf. As she looked at the wolf, the uncomfortable bile of anger rippled off of it, causing her heart to speed up. The anger was a little different from the anger she felt from Seth and Leah. It was a jealousy type of anger.

"Quil, you're scaring her." Paul turned his wolf head to look at Quil. "How come you can get close to MY imprint, but I can't?!" Low growls rippled through Quil as he took slow steps towards the third in command.

"What is going on no- uh oh." Jared muttered before rushing off to meet Quil and Paul.

"Quil, I'm just comforting her." Paul explained standing taller. "I'm the one that's supposed to comfort her, not you! I'm the one who is supposed to stay away from her to keep her safe, yet the person who we all have to worry about is right under her." Quil's growls became louder and more threatening.

Shia decided this was definitely a time to leave the wild animals. Normally, fight or flight would strike when seeing these huge beast, but they weren't normally aggressive. Until today that is.

Shia slowly backed away from the snarling wolves, to avoid attention being drawn to her. To say this girl was never really clumsy, would be true. But of course, today of all days, she decides to become Bella Jr. and fall into the river..over the treaty line.