14

Something about Saleaah is that she was used to feeling numb

        Something about Saleaah is that she was used to feeling numb. She was used to feeling comfortable and safe, only for it to be ripped away from her minutes later. It happened when her father died, when Quil stopped talking to her, and when the Cullens left.

Shia was making progress, only until she wasn't any longer. She started to soak in other's feelings again. Once she bashed in her feelings, she couldn't care enough to try to fight off her own nor others' anymore. She let them overwhelm her so she didn't have to feel her own feelings.

"Are you okay, Shia?" The girl blinked her eyes to see both Jos and Mateo staring at her. "Are we still going to that party Saturday?" She asked which shocked her long time best friend.

"What?" He blinked at her as Mateo shrugged. "I have nothing else planned." Mateo glanced over at Jos who was still shocked.

"She doesn't do parties." Jos told Mateo slowly, who looked at him blankly. "Seems like she's doing them Saturday." The dirty blonde haired boy responded. "She's right here." Shia huffed looked at the two boys, one who was slightly worried, and one that was content at the moment.

"Okay, make sure to dress warm." Jos told the girl who nodded, and the conversation changed. Although the only girl at the table failed to zone in.

Emotions flooded in the cafeteria, somewhere they stood out more. Shia didn't know if she could allow herself to feel their emotions or her own. Right now she felt hurt..betrayed. Something she's gotten used to, other than the feeling of numbness.

"I was never so self centered.. everything isn't about me." She muttered to herself as she pushed her feelings aside to pay attention to her two friends.

Mateo Oswell. He has been a constant to the two friends since the day he sat at their lunch table. Though it's only been 6 days. He was an interesting character, that's for sure.

Mateo had the whole, I don't care attitude. The nonchalant one, but the empath knew better. She could feel the fondness he had for the two best friends. Then she could feel the dread, anger, and sadness that he had which followed him into the school. Although it always changed as soon as he saw either Jos or Shia.

To say that the blue-green eyed boy was scared of becoming too close to the native Quileutes' was an understatement. That's only because he was scared of being hurt.

Later on that day, and the last class of the day, Saleaah felt sick. Only because she was consumed by anger for some reason. She had to excuse herself from class because she felt like this anger wasn't her own. She was right, of course.

"Saleaah." The girl looked up to see Paul standing in front of her. "Paul." She briefly stated as she pursed her lips. "Come with me." He told her as he grabbed her arm and pulled her down the hallway.

"What the hell?" Shia frowned as she tried to wrench her arm out of his hold. "Stop struggling." The hothead huffed, and she listened because she knew she wasn't strong enough to pull herself from his tight grasp.