15

Waking up for Saleaah was hell

Waking up for Saleaah was hell. Her head was killing her and she had to get ready for Sunday brunch with Jos. Then after brunch she was supposed to be meeting with Quil.

Shia slowly remembered the things that happened last night as she got ready for the day. "I'm an idiot." She muttered to herself as she face palmed multiple times.

Today, she decided to dress how she felt. She put on jeans, a long sleeve, and a green jacket over it. Normally she would have tried to wear something decent, but she really did not have the energy.

As Shia rushed down the stairs, she met face to face with her twin. "Shia." She blinked blankly at her guilt ridden other half. "Seth."

"I'm sorry. We're sorry, Leah and I." Seth rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I know you have been going through a lot, and I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you..but I am now. I miss you, and I know it was my fault, but I can't do this not talking to you shit." Seth ranted and Saleaah still wore her blank face, but her feelings said otherwise.

As much as Saleeah wanted to forgive her brother, she couldn't. Was that being hypocritical of her?

Shia rubbed her forehead with a sigh before brushing past her twin and out the door to be greeted with cloudy skies. The walk to Tiffany's Diner was around 10 minutes, which gave the young Clearwater time to think about everything. Knowing that she would bring this matter up with her best friends, she cleared her mind...and hopefully her hangover along with it.

***
"He what?" Jos's eyes narrowed watching the twin as she pushed the sunglasses that were owned by Mateo. Speaking of the redhead's lack of sunglasses, Shia noticed that a black ring that was terribly covered on the friend's face.

"From what Jos has told me, I say fuck him." Mateo shrugged, earning a nod of approval from the curly haired boy sitting next to him. "Is that really the right thing to do since I kind of did the same thing as well..?" Shia asked as she felt the sadness and frustration rolling off her two best friends.

"Maybe take it one step at a time then.." Jos's words echoed through her mind as she walked slowly alongside the shore. She was supposed to meet Quil here in about 30 minutes, but she decided she wanted to clear her mind some more. She felt as if she has been through too much in the past month, even though she knew some others had it worse.

Shia thought more about the terribly hidden black eye on her pale friend, and how they ended up joking around instead of asking him about it. "I hope he's okay." She thought to herself.

"Shia.." the said girl blinked her eyes at her name to see her curly haired boy in front of her. Not only did the feeling of concern swarm the boy, his face matched perfectly with the feeling. "Quil." She replied back not making eye contact, but looking at his clothed chest instead.

"Please look at me.." he muttered taking a small step forward. At those words, the girl couldn't help but trail her eyes to meet a familiar pair of brown ones. "I'm sorry." He told her taking another step forward. "I'm sorry for leaving you, for ignoring you, for acting like you meant nothing to me..." Quil's eyes watered as he trailed off the ending of his sentence and as her eyes met her shoes.

"Keep looking at me Shia." Quil placed his warm hand on her chin and pulled it up to meet his eyes once more. Saleeah's stomach turned as her feelings for the boy started resurfacing...as if they went away in the begin with.

"Quil-." She started but hit cut off. "I'm not done yet." He told her has he kept his hard yet soft gaze on her. Not once did his gaze move from hers...well other than that one flick to her lips then back.

"I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I'm willing to work for it. I'm willing to work from the bottom back up..even if I have to start from being friends again. No matter how much that will hurt me."

"Did he just confess?"

The feelings that swarmed around Saleaah was something that she definitely knew were her own. She was happy that she was so close to the boy she started falling for, but she was conflicted of what she wanted to do. First her brother, now her previous..well long term crush.

"Hurt you? You're making it seem as if you like me.." she mumbled her darker eyes staring back into the boy's lighter ones.

"I never thought I'd have someone as special as you in my life. You are everything to me, even if I never realized it before, so yes I like you." Quil spoke as he held himself back from kissing the girl in front of him. He knew he had to wait, but he would deal with the consequences. No matter how long it took for the girl in front of him to heal. He just knew he would be there every step of the way from now on.