11

jahsehs pov

I wake up to the sound of faint laughter coming from a tv show playing on her tv. I scrunch my face getting used to the light that was now shining through her window. I turn to see mariah sleeping. I check around for my phone until I find it under me , I see it was 10:12 am. I needed to be at the studio by 12 today.

it was the start of my dreams and I was excited. even if I felt like I havent deserved any of this, I was still happy I got to where I am now.

I slowly take my arm out from under her head so I dont wake her up. I go the bathroom and wash my face and brush my teeth before going downstairs to find sum to eat.

I opened the bedroom door to hear people talking from what seemed like the living room. familiar voices echoed the hallway as I recognized stokeleys voice.

I walk downstairs to see stokeley and alise talking about sum they were watching on tv. the stairs creaked from each step further down that I took so it caught their attention.

"hey vro- riah still sleep?"he asks and I nod before walking to the kitchen grabbing a bottle of minute maid juice from inside .

"what yah tryn do today after we get back from the studio?" stokeley says and I shrug thinking of what to do but coming up with nothing.

it got silent for a while.

"i feel like leavin school fr" I say and stokeley turns around to look at me. "what fr?" he says and I nod. he shrugs, "we all barely go anymore anyways." he adds and I chuckle.  "yeah you got a point." alise says nudging his chest and they chuckle. "yah dumb as fuxk nigga" I say before going back upstairs to check on mariah.

"you luh this nigga tho so shut that black ass up nigga" stoke says and I laugh without looking back. "yeah ight." I open the door to see riah tossing and turning lightly. I go to her and kiss her cheek to see if she'll wake up. she didnt budge.

I shook her lightly until her eyes fluttered opened and her face scrunched instantly due to the light. "mmm what time is it?" she asks raspily. "10:30." I tell her and she sits up slowly. "mm" she hums and I look at her confused on what she wanted until she puckered her lips for a kiss, I leaned in and gave her her kiss and she smiled. 

"oh and uh- would you be mad if I said I was quitting school?" I tell her and she shakes her head. "no - ion even care for school like that either.. we never go anymore. always sum shit happens to us for some damn reason." she says and I nod laughing a little bit. "well I gotta be at the studio by 12- u wan me to bring u back some food ?" I ask and she nods.

- time skip to after him and stokeley already leave -

Mariah's pov

I wake up to my phone ringing. I looked at the time, '3:27 pm'
wtf mariah-

I panic quickly cause jahseh wasnt next to me but remember he left at 12. I look at the caller ID calling my phone before it ends up hanging up.

(27) missed calls from stokeley

I knew it had to be something bad if he was calling me that many times. I instantly felt a sunken feeling of anxiety in my stomach as I thought about jahseh. I called him back immediately and he picked up as fast as i had called.