4💤

(this is two weeks after the recent chapter so they know each other more and are closer with each other)

Mariah's pov

I woke up in the morning. It was a Friday and I didn't give a fuck. I woke up just not feeling it. I decided to just stay home. I told alise and alise of course wanted to see stokeley so she was going.

my mom wasn't here, probably drinking now that my dad hasn't been home at all since two days ago once again I think. we're back to the same life as always... she's just going to abandon us like how she did in New York.

I just sat and thought about life. All the shit I've been through. I just felt numb. I just wanna feel again. Be happy. Be normal. Stop feeling alone.

I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt a drop on my arms that were laid in front of me. I cant feel anything anymore.

Suddenly, I hear a knock on our door. I open it and stokeley and jahseh were standing there. "What are yah doing here?" I ask. "Uh alise said you weren't coming to school and she didn't wanna walk alone." Stokeley says and I nod.

"Ight yah can come in." I say with a sad smile. "Are you good?" Stokeley asks me. I zoned out but nodded. I decided to get dressed. "Are you actually coming to school?" Jahseh said and I chuckle.

"Fuck no, ima go for a walk, clear my head." I say and jahseh for some reason looks worried.

Jahseh's pov

"I aint going to school." I say blanky. "Why?" Ski says with a smirk. "I just..i dont want to anymore." I continue lying to him. I just wanna make sure nothing happens to mariah while everyone's gone. "Ight vro." Ski says and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

Alise comes down and ski gets up. "Uhm, jah isn't going to school today." Ski says and she nods. "Okay." She says and we all walk out. I decided to text mariah to see where she was.

Jahseh

Where are you?

I get nervous a little and put my phone in my pocket as I start to walk with them.

mariah's pov

I walked down the street when some guy started to follow me. It was like 6 am why the fuck else would he be walking behind me.

I suddenly feel someone behind me, i turn around to see a guy. He looked young.

Around 18.

He started to walk with me and for some reason I wasn't even scared. Im already numb why the fuck should I be scared?

He chuckles to himself. "I've seen you walk in school before, you uh talk to X?" He asks and I furrow my brows. "Who?" I say. "Jahseh..x.." He says and I nod.

"Yeah I talk to him...why?" I say still walking. "just confused why you talk to him. He's a whole bitch... associating with him with you being new ain't gonna go well for you im just sayin." He tells me as I keep walking and I can feel myself getting mad and i guess he noticed. "Is princess mad cause I called her boyfriend a bitch?" He says teasingly and I ball my fist up.