9💤

Mariah's pov

I woke up the next morning with my head pounding. I was still all bloody but it was dried up. I decided I definitely needed a shower. Once I got in my skin was burning from the pain and scrapes, I started to adjust to it.  I took my shower and I remembered everything from yesterday and butterflies flew through my stomach as I realized i'm with jahseh now.

after ten more minutes I turned the shower off and stepped out wrapping a towel around my body.

I got dressed in my room but as I tried to put clothes on my hands were burning from the clothes touching the scrapes and bruises. suddenly I hear a knock on my door, I slide my shirt on so I was now fully clothed after a painful time trying. I unlock the door seeing jahseh come in.

I didn't even realize how messed up he really was until now. he had bruises all over his chest and two on his face, a cut on his lip and his knuckles were as bad as mine.

"jahseh." I say hugging him. "I didn't realize how hurt you were." I say and he shrugs. "as long as I have you i'm fine." he says and I smile. my body still ached in pain so I laid back down. "mariah we have to go to school." jahseh tells me and I whine. "but jah my body hurts." I tell him and he looks at me with a chuckle. "well no one told you to be tossing them niggas up, you could've died." he says and I shrug.

"if I would've died at least I tried to fight for you." I say and he smiles. "lay with me." I tell him and he lays next to me. Even that made my heart flutter but I had to get used to it.

I lay on his chest and try to go back to sleep but alise gotta bust into my room. "mariah, mom's downstairs." she says and I instantly jolt my head up. "what?!" I say and she nods. "she said she had 'business' ?" I say confused as i put quotations around business.

"she wants to talk to you." she says and I sigh. "jah you wanna stay up here?" I ask and he shakes his head. "she don't have to know about us yet." he says and I nod agreeing with him. "you don't even have a shirt on, it looks like me and you fist fought each other." I tell him and he shrugs. "ion know, didn't know I needed one." he says and I sigh.

"stokeley left one in my room." alise says and me and jahseh turn and smirk at her before she goes to get the shirt. she comes back throwing a striped shirt at jahseh and he puts it on. "my mom is gonna be bitchy but ignore her as much as you can." I say and he nods as we head downstairs and I see her sitting on the couch.

I sit down already over it and jahseh sits next to me. she looks at him and tilts her head but looks at me. "mariah, I know I haven't been here for you and i'm sorry. but life has been hard and we're working hard for you and theresa.." she says and I furrow my brows. "life has been hard for you? yet i'm sitting in front of you, with bruises on my face, cuts on my body, my knuckles all bruised and yet you don't care cause 'life has been too hard?' you don't care and I don't give a fuck about what you care about anymore!" I start to yell.

"lower your tone ri ri ." she says and I chuckle. "listen mom. you have been home three times, three times since we got here. what type of mother are you to leave your two daughters who are only 16 years old to live for themselves, who can't pay bills for this house, who don't have a job, or a car, or anything. and you say you care but I haven't seen dad since he left and you only come here out of guilt and leave again, you didn't even ask how i'm doing or if i'm okay or who this is and that's cause you don't care! and you know it! and your just gonna leave again and then come back and apologize and leave again and for what? when you leave this time, don't come back at all!" I yell at her and she tears up.