Chapter 40

Kylie's POV

Right as we started walking down the stairs, the front door handle started to move. "Oh fuck." Hunter said. Emily ran for the door and held it while me and hunter went to the kitchen.

"Guys. My dad is here. Y'all need to go over to Emily's house and stay there until one of use five text you." Hunter explained. The eight nodded and ran over to Em's.

I ran back to Emily in my big ass dress. "Go ahead." I said. She let go of the door and ran for the couch. The five of us plopped down right before the door opened. My Uncle walked through the door with one of his suitcases.

"Hi guys." He smiled at us. "Hi dad." Ely and Hunter said. "Hi, Uncle Vic." Emery and I said. "Hello, Victor." Emily said.

We all laughed and stood up for hugs. "How've you all been?" Uncle Vic asked us. "Well." We said. "We've missed you." Hunter said.

"Well, Hunt. I'm here for two weeks before my next trip." Uncle Vic smiled. Emily, Hunter, and I looked at each other with wide eyes.

"We weren't expecting you back for another week, though. Why're you back so early?" Ely asked. "They wanted us to stay for the last week to do work that I could do at home. So, I figured why not, ya know?" My Uncle said.

"Oh okay." We said. "So. How's school?" Uncle Vic asked. Ely started. He blabbed on and on about the community college he goes to.

Then, Emery went and talked about this girl he likes. Now, it's me.

"How about you, Kylie?" Uncle Vic asked me. "Well," I started. "School is school." I shrugged my shoulders.

Uncle Vic smiled and started talking to Hunter. I zoned out because Brad had texted me.

These two weeks are gonna be long..