Chapter 9

Connor's POV

When she asked me if I need help, my heart started beating really fast. "Uhh... Yeah. I guess." I said, shakily. "Okay." Hunter said. She hopped off her board, picked it up, and walked over next to me.

"So, you wanna start off with pushing the board with on foot and the other foot stays on the board." Hunter explained. I nodded and put one foot on the ground and the other on the board.

"Now. Push off a little." She said. I pushed myself a little further up. Hunter held my forearm as if I was about to fall. Which, I probably was. Her nails sort of dug into my skin, but it really didn't hurt.

"Give yourself a bigger push and put your foot back on the board." She instructed. I nodded and loosened her grip on my arm. I pushed myself farther and placed my foot back on the board.

Thinking Hunter wasn't behind me, I went to turn around. But, when I did, I stopped and she crashed right into me. We both fell to the ground, me on the bottom and her on the top.

"Oh. Uhh.... S-sorry." Hunter stuttered. She stood Up and offered me her hand, blushing. I took her hand and pulled myself up. I brushed off my jeans and looked at her.

I leaned over and whispered, "You know. You're cute when you blush." I pulled back and she was blushing even harder. I smirked while she hid her face. "Shut up!" Hunter squealed.

"I didn't say anything." I said, innocently. "Whatever. Let's go." She said. We hopped on our boards and rode down to the market. When we got there,everyone was waiting outside.

"Why didn't y'all go get the pudding?" Hunter asked. "You have the money, dumb fuck." Emily said. Hunter shrugged and walked inside. We all waited outside the market for about five minutes before she came out.

Hunter threw the bag at Emily. "I hope you die." Hunter smiled. "Thank you." Emily smiled back. Emily tore open the package andpulled out a cup of yellow pudding. "It looks like banana." Michael said.

"Bad mistake." Hunter said and cautiously backed up. Everyone did the same, except Michael. "What d'you mean?" Michael asked. "Bad, bad mistake." Hunter said.

"IT'S NOT BANANA FUCKING PUDDING, YOU DUMBASS. IT'S LEMON. GOT IT. LEMON. L-E-M-O-N. LEMON PUDDING. Emily screamed.

"Damnit, Emily. Shut up!" Hunter huffed. She ran her fingers through her hair and then crossed her arms over her chest.

"Let's go." Emily said, stuffing pudding into her mouth. We laughed and ride back to Hunter's house.

"What do y'all want to do now?" Hunter asked.