Chapter 3

'Pick the skill. Come on, use your brain.'

'...Hmmm. Maybe weapon?' Issei ignores Ddraig as he gazes at the weapon portal, 'Hey, god. What kind of weapon will I get?'

The old man merely shrugs, prompting Issei to click his teeth, 'Che, at least tell me if they will be useful in my situation.'

"I already told you. Now, choose before I reach the count of ten, or else you will get nothing." The old god rolls his eyes as he slightly lifts his hand.

"1"

'Hurry pick the skill portal!'

'But...'

"3"

'IF YOU DIE HERE THEN I WILL DIE TOO! PICK THE SKILL PORTAL!'

Issei grits his teeth as he looks at both portals, 'Can't I choose both of them?'

"Nope. 5"

'ISSEI!'

Issei groans as he glares at his arm then to the old man, 'Fine, fine! I pick the skill portal.' He points to the portal.

The old man snaps his finger, and the world stops again, "Good. You didn't waste my time too much." He clears his throat, "Now, it is time for my favorite; GACHA!!!" He yells at the end, prompting both Issei and the maid to cringe.

'WAIT I WANT A REFUND YOU-'

"Too late!"

The old man snaps his finger and a small lottery machine with a big red button on top of it materializes in front of Issei. He spreads his arm as a yellow aura cover him.

"Now, let me explain how this works: There are over three trillion skills in existence, the most overpowered ones are mythical while emitting rainbow aura while the shitty ones are normal with brown, and you only get one free roll, but you can pick some "Annoyance" which are debuffs that would make your life a tad bit difficult, in exchange for more rolls! As a special privilege, if you roll ten times then you have a chance of getting an Indigo epic card!"

'...What.' Issei's mouth open as he stupidly looks at the old man, '...I have to make my life even harder?'

"Unless you get lucky~ Don't worry, the Annoyance will only take effect after you are done so go wild!" The old man snaps and a screen materializes in front of Issei, "Take a look at the Annoyance screen."

In the screen, there are 4 tabs; Self, Soulmate, People, Ending, though the Soulmate tab is greyed unlike the other tabs flashing.

'Why can't I see the Soulmate section?' Issei asks as he repeatedly taps on it, 'Is it because I don't have a soulmate?'

"Yep, I don't like to waste time and effort after all." Issei's eyes twitch as he hears the old man say in a light tone that manages to be more annoying than if he were to say in a mocking tone, "Hurry up and get rolling, I can only stop time for two more time before it resumes."

'You-'

'Issei, try calling me out, I want to test something.' Ddraig suddenly calls out, prompting Issei to look down, 'Your soul should be strong enough to hopefully make the boosted gear appear. Try to find the feeling of absolute strength in you and will it into existence; I will help guide you.'

'...Ok.' He closes his eyes as he tries to sense the thing Ddraig told him. It takes him awhile, with him slowly growing frustrated, until he feels a vague feeling telling him to do something. He latches to the feeling and soon the feeling engulfs him.