Chapter 5

"...Ddraig, can you bleach my brain?" Issei hollowly asks as he lays on the bed, as still as a rock. He blankly looks at the ceiling while soothing music plays out from beyond the door.

'...What for?' Ddraig fires back while trying to contain his laughter.

"...My mind has been torn apart by this new knowledge. Legitimate traps. That are seen in anime."

'Didn't you already know who's who since you played that game... Arknights, was it? Yeah.'

"Well excuse me. Getting killed and being thrown into another world, only to get blown up can do wonders on the mind. I forgot." Issei lifts his head then smacks it back down.

"Besides, the moment I knew that he wasn't a she, I immediately forgot about him... Only to get slapped in the face when I saw him in the flesh."

Ddraig laughs a bit more until he coughs, 'You deserve that, by the way. Anyway, your body is fine so now we can plan out a training session for you.'

"...Sure, beats just laying here all day." Issei lightly shrugs as he closes his eyes. After a while, he feels something tapping on his head, so he opens his eyes to see the familiar void surrounding and Ddraig right in front of him.

Elsewhere, Doctor Trix is sitting down in front of a female with neck-length green hair and cat ears with a table in between them.

"Why won't you approve this operation?" Trix coldly says as she tightens her hold on her clothes.

The female cat merely sighs before taking a sip of her cup of coffee, "It is too risky to make contact with Kjerag; not when we are already busy with Lungmen."

"Yes but I can secure their help, which will save many lives on the field. Why can't you see that, Doctor Kal'tsit?"

The female cat, Kal'tsit, lifts her head up while pinching her nose a bit then brings it back down to glare at Trix, "No. Just get ready to go on the field at Lungmen for negotiation."

"...Fine. Have it your way." Trix roughly pushes herself off the chair and stomps her way to the door. She opens it, then stops before glancing back at Kal'tsit to see her looking at her with a poker face. She grits her teeth as she goes out of the door before slamming it shut.

"...This "new" doctor will be troublesome..." Kal'tsit mutters as she leans back into her chair with a sigh, "I would have preferred the old one... She was so obedient..."

Outside, Trix is speed walking while biting her nail, "Everyone here is under those two's control... Stupid drug... I need to get to Issei quickly before they do."

Back to Issei in the boosted gear, '...Are you insane, you stupid gecko?' Issei deadpans as he looks at Ddraig, 'You want me to do what?'

Ddraig huffs, almost blowing Issei away, 'I said a hundred pushups, a hundred squats, a hundred punch and kick at a dummy or something, run around this place, then when you are asleep, we will be here to train with the boosted gear.'

'Are you trying to kill me?'

Ddraig growls, 'Ignorant human; this is for your own benefit, and the fact that this training could be done by a one year old supernatural being back in our world.'

'...Pretty sure you are exaggerating right now.'

'Believe what you want. This is only the start of your training for me to know the full extent of your capabilities.'

'That... Is a good point. I have no idea what this body can do...'

Ddraig smiles, 'Good. When you get used to your training, we will double it, rinse, and repeat until you won't die to a random girl with bombs.'